Hello, friends, and happy Monday! Today I’m sharing the Quilting Life Podcast Episode 10 Show Notes. We taped this episode on Saturday morning and had a fun conversation about all things quilts and quilting. We hope you’ll enjoy today’s episode. All of our topics from the episode are listed below, and links to quilt patterns and more are also included.
Quilting Life Podcast Episode 10
Episode 10 Topics
- Styling quilts with modern décor
- Avoiding boredom when sewing repeat block styles
- Enlarging quilts from square to rectangular
- Difficulty with pattern directions
- Design software
- Leaders & Enders
- Half-Square Triangle Patterns
- Quilt Batting
- Quilt Storage
Episode 10 Links
- Botanical Garden Quilt
- Origami Quilt
- Land I Love Quilt
- Mini Brick Road Table Runner Pattern
- All Hallow’s Eve Fabric
- Mackinac Island Fabric
- Sew Pad Chair Cushion
- Martingale U Online Class sign ups
- North Shore HST Quilt Pattern
- Starlight HST Quilt Pattern
- Timeless HST Quilt Pattern
- 2019 Block of the Month HST Quilt Pattern
Where to Listen and Watch
Where to Find Sherri & Chelsi
- Sherri’s Blog (you are here)
- A Quilting Life Pattern Shop (Sherri’s)
- Chelsi’s Blog
- Chelsi’s Pattern Shop
- A Quilting Life Instagram
- Chelsi Stratton Instagram
- A Quilting Life YouTube Channel
- Sherri & Chelsi Facebook Group
Our Next Episode
Our next episode will air on Monday, October 5th. If you’re looking for show notes from previous episodes, you can find them all here.
Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by!
Question for you! How did you get a gig sewing for other people? Is it a viable option for people who enjoy the process of sewing and want to try out new patterns and fabrics but have some budget constraints?
sherri McConnell says
Yes, it is a great option for those who love to sew and try out new patterns and fabrics. I actually got my sewing job via email when one of the designers I sewed for asked for help in one of her blog posts 🙂 After that I sewed for a few other designers who connected with me through the first designer or social media.
Kimberly J says
I want to be a part of your 2020 SAL. As you probably know Balboa is still on preorder. Are you going to start on September 30, or wait until the fabric ships?
By the way, I love your videos and watch them often for help. Your lines of fabric are beautiful with Balboa being absolutely gorgeous! I can’t wait to see it in person! How fun it must be to work with your daughter. You are truly Blessed!
sherri McConnell says
Thanks so much! I was hoping it would arrive by the start date, but it hasn’t shipped yet. I’m still going to begin on the 30th so that we can finish the sew along by the end of the year, though. Hopefully fabric is shipping soon!
Just found your podcast , and I am enjoying binging all your episodes. I am inspired. Thank you. Very well done.