Hello and happy Moda Block Heads day! Today I’m sharing Moda Block Heads 3 Block 30 which happens to be my block. I love hearts and thought this little block would be fun for everyone.
Moda Block Heads 3 Block 30
Make all four hearts in different fabrics, or make them from the same fabric–the choice is yours. You could also one or multiple dark backgrounds and make the heart units light. There are a lot of possibilities with this week’s block.
Block 30 Video
Watch this week’s block video above or go here to watch it on my YouTube channel.
Block 30 Tips & Tricks
- Cut your rectangles and squares according to pattern measurements.
- To save time, use the Mini Simple Corners Ruler to avoid having to draw the diagonal lines.
- See a tutorial with the Mini Simple Corners Ruler here.
Block 30 Links
- Download this week’s pattern here or click the button below.
- Find the Moda Block Heads Resource Page here.
- Visit the Moda Block Heads Facebook Group here.
- And find all of my previous Block Heads 3 posts here.
Moda Block Heads 3 Designers
- Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
- Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life (you’re here!)
- Betsy Chutchian
- Jan Patek of Jan Patek Quilts
- Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic
- Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
- Lissa Alexander
- Laurie Simpson of Minick & Simpson
- Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Stacey Iest Hsu
- Robin Pickens
- Janet Clare
- Jen Kingwell
- Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree & Company
Something Fun: Shop Sale
In-stock items in my shop (sorry, no planner pre-orders included) are on sale through this weekend for 20% off. Click here to shop, or use the code SUMMER20.
I hope you enjoy making Moda Block Heads 3 Block 30 this week. Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by!
Jackie Lohrey says
Cutest block ever! Also thank you for the weekend sale, I’m having one of those weeks where nothing seems to be coming out like I think it should (Dresden plate nightmare) and this definitely cheered me up 🙂
Candice LeCody says
I want to jump in on Blockheads but I haven’t seen a layout I like for 8 inch blocks. Have you shared what layout you will be using?
Love this heart block.. Also, have you done a dresden block? Would love to see a demo on this.
I love how you explain your tips and tricks.
Kristi Castanette says
I’m looking for your mini lily block. Would you or a reader please tell me where it might be? Thanks!
I found it by using the link above that says “all my previous Blockheads 3 posts”. The mini lillies were an alternate block 18 posted on May 15, 2020
Love your blocks!! Thanks for the videos, I have followed them from the beginning while I was learning to quilt, and have learnt so much! I always like tips on pressing as I find that the hardest part to reduce bulk. Stay safe and have a wonderful week!
Carolyn Kibbe says
Thanks for sharing the lovely block. Your cheery sweet design is much appreciated! I also enjoy the Saturday series.