Hello, friends! Happy Wednesday and happy Moda Block Heads day. Today I’m sharing Moda Block Heads 3 Block 29 which is a fun block from Corey Yoder. We are now into our 3rd round of blocks, and Corey is once again starting us off. Her “Ring Around” block is super cute and would also work well as a fun stash-buster quilt block.
Block Heads 3 Block 29
This week’s block uses squares, triangles, and half-square triangle units. None of the units are complicated to make, but they do all need to be the correct size for the block to go together correctly.
Block 29 Video
Watch today’s Block 29 video above or go here to watch it on my YouTube channel.
Block 29 Tips and Tricks
- Find the Mini Simple Folder Corners ruler I used for the center unit here.
- Accurately cut the squares and rectangles.
- Make the half-square triangles using your favorite method.
Block 29 Links
- Go here for this week’s block pattern (or click the button below). Note: patterns are available after 8 a.m. CST.
- Visit the Moda Block Heads 3 Resource Page here.
- Find the Moda Block Heads Facebook Group here.
- And find all of my previous Moda Block Heads 3 posts here.
Moda Block Heads 3 Designers
- Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
- Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life (you’re here!)
- Betsy Chutchian
- Jan Patek of Jan Patek Quilts
- Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic
- Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
- Lissa Alexander
- Laurie Simpson of Minick & Simpson
- Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Stacey Iest Hsu
- Robin Pickens
- Janet Clare
- Jen Kingwell
- Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree & Company
Coming Up this Week
I’ll be back tomorrow with the final post for the Jelly Snowflake Mystery Quilt…and of course will be here on Saturday for this week’s Saturday Seven. I hope you enjoyed this weeks Moda Block Heads 3 Block 29 post. Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by!