Hello, and happy Wednesday! I hope you’re having a great week. Today I’m sharing Moda Block Heads 3 Block 28. With this week’s block we are now half-way through our quilt along. It’s hard to believe that we are at this point, but is sure is fun to see all of the blocks coming together!
Moda Block Heads 3 Block 28
This week’s block is the classic Broken Dishes block brought to us by Joanna Figueroa. I did something just a bit different with my block this week, and I love how it turned out. I am making the 8″ finished blocks, and so this week I made the 6″ finished block and then added a 1″ border all around it.
Block 28 Video
Watch this week’s block video above, or go here to watch it on my YouTube channel.
Block 28 Tips & Tricks
- I used two charm squares and this 1″ triangle paper to make the yellow/background half-square triangles in my block (I made the 6″ size).
- Measure carefully, and don’t stretch the background and green triangles in the center unit to make sure it keeps its shape and is the correct size.
- For my border strips to make the 6″ finished block an 8″ finished block, cut two rectangles 1 ½″ x 6 ½″ for the left and right sides and two rectangles 1 ½″ x 8 ½″ for the top and bottom. (Press seams out towards the border rectangles).
Block 28 Links
- Go here, or click the button below for this week’s patter PDF.
- Visit the fabulous Moda Block Heads 3 Resource Page for patterns you might have missed, lay out options, and more.
- Visit the Block Heads Facebook Group here.
- And find all of my previous Moda Block Heads 3 posts here.
Moda Block Heads 3 Designers
- Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
- Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life (you’re here!)
- Betsy Chutchian
- Jan Patek of Jan Patek Quilts
- Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic
- Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
- Lissa Alexander
- Laurie Simpson of Minick & Simpson
- Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Stacey Iest Hsu
- Robin Pickens
- Janet Clare
- Jen Kingwell
- Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree & Company
Something Fun this Week
I’m super excited to share the cover and my project which is coming soon in the upcoming Moda All-Stars Cakewalk book this September. It’s full of fun quilts made with 10″ squares. You won’t want to miss this one. Pre-order it now here.
Thanks so much for stopping by for this week’s Moda Block Heads 3 Block 28 post. Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by!