Hello and happy Friday, friends! I’m super excited to share my Block Heads 3 Block 18 alternate block with you today. It was hard not to be able to share it on Wednesday because I love it that much! I was actually inspired to make this block from Jan’s fun applique block she shared on Wednesday. I got a peek of her pattern a couple of weeks ago and immediately thought of this block. I’d been wanting to piece this for a little while, and seeing her block was all it took (as they say)!
Block Heads 3 Block 18 Alternate Block
I loved piecing my block for this week–Mini Lilies! It’s a block I’ve always loved and had so much fun putting it together. I pieced the 8″ block, and the pieces are small. They are even smaller if you are making the 6″ or 4″ version, so be sure to look at the tips and tricks below.
Block 18 Video
Watch the video above or on the YouTube channel in order to get a close up look at my alternate block for this week! I have a lot of fun filming the short videos each week. I feel like it’s so much more fun to see the blocks that way than in just a flat photograph!
Block 18 Tips and Tricks
- You will definitely want to use triangle paper for the half-square triangles when making the 4″, 6″, and even 8″ blocks. It really helps! You can use this triangle paper for the 8″ blocks and this triangle paper for the 12″ blocks. If you are making the 4″ or 6″ blocks the best bet is to get this pack which contains triangle paper in sizes for both of those blocks.
- The Mini Simple Folded Corners ruler really helps when making the stem sections.
- I have a tutorial for making the stem units here that you might find helpful if you haven’t made them before.
Block Heads 3 Links
- Go here or click the button below for my alternate Block 18.
- Find the Moda Block Heads Resource page here (get links to all of the previous blocks along with setting options and more).
- Visit the Moda Block Heads Facebook Group Page here.
- And find all of my previous Moda Block Heads 3 posts here.
I hope you have fun with this fun block! Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by!