Hello and happy Block Heads Wednesday! Today I’m sharing Moda Block Heads 3 Block 10 which is a fun windmill block brought to us by Stacey Iest Hsu. Her block is fast and fun…and really cute!
Moda Block Heads 3 Block 10
Moda Block Heads 3 Block 10 is made up of rectangles and half-square triangles–and goes together so very quickly. You can play around with fabric choices and decide how much contrast you want within each of the two windmill units. I didn’t use much contrast in my yellow windmill and used just a bit more in the aqua windmill.
Block 10 Fabrics
Here are the Summer Sweet fabrics I used for this week’s block:
- Sunshine Daisy Dot
- Sunshine Chamomile
- Ice Sprinkle
- Ice Garden Song
- Daisy Dot Tonal Ivory (This is getting harder to find now–just found some on Etsy.)
Block 10 Tips & Tricks
This week’s tips and tricks are pretty similar to last weeks: cut your pieces carefully, and use one of these two methods to size the half-square triangles perfectly:
- Make Perfect Half-Square Triangles Using a Ruler or
- Use Triangle Paper to Make Perfect Half-Square Triangles.
Block 10 Links
- Go here or click the button below to get this week’s pattern from Stacey Iest Hsu (remember that block patterns may not post until 8 a.m. CST).
- Visit the Moda Block Heads 3 Facebook Group Here.
- NEW! Visit the Moda Block Heads 3 Archive Page here with links to all previous blocks and some extra links to setting options and frequently asked questions pages.
- And find all of my previous posts in this series here.
Moda Block Heads 3 Designers
Be sure to visit all of the Moda Block Heads 3 Designers this week to get their tips and tricks and to see their collection of blocks.
- Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
- Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life (you’re here!)
- Betsy Chutchian
- Jan Patek of Jan Patek Quilts
- Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic
- Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
- Lissa Alexander
- Laurie Simpson of Minick & Simpson
- Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Stacey Iest Hsu
- Robin Pickens
- Janet Clare
- Jen Kingwell
- Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree & Company
Something Fun this Week
If you haven’t visited yet this week, you might not know that I added some fun things to the fabric section of my shop here...
I hope you enjoyed this week’s Moda Block Heads 3 post! Now that we have so many different block patterns it has been really fun to see all of the block combinations showing up! Thanks so much for stopping by, and happy quilting!
Mabel Goddard says
Love your collection of fabrics! Thank you all of you for your hard work and inspiration.????