Hello and happy Wednesday! I’m excited to be sharing Moda Block Heads 2 Block 50, Vintage, today. This is my fourth and final block in the series. While the block looks a little complex, units are pieced larger and trimmed to the perfect size.
This week’s block contains 16 Quarter-Square-Triangle (hourglass) units sewn together in four rows of four. The units rotate so that the lights and the darks alternate. I used a few light prints for some of the background squares to add a little more variety.
Tips for Moda Block Heads 2 Block 50
- You can watch a video of the technique I use for making and squaring up Quarter-Square Triangle (hourglass) blocks here.
- While I normally press half-square triangles open, when making quarter-square triangle blocks I always press to the dark fabric. It makes “nesting” the blocks much easier.
Moda Block Heads 2 Block 50 Links
- Get the PDF pattern for this week’s block here.
- Visit the Moda Block Heads 2 Landing page here.
- Find the Moda Block Heads Facebook page here.
- See all of my previous Moda Block Heads 2 posts here.
And Find the Other Moda Block Heads 2 Designers Here:
- Lynne Hagmeir of Kansas Troubles
- Barbara Groves of Me & My Sister Designs
- Carrie Nelson of Moda Fabrics
- Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chich
- Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Betsy Chutchian
- Stacey Iest Hsu
- Jan Patek
- Laurie Simpson of Minick & Simpson
- Jo Morton
- Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life (you are here)
- Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
- Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
Oh, and the finishing directions for the Block Heads 2 quilt are available now here. These instructions make it super easy to put your finished quilt together.
Finally, I want to let you know that pre-orders for my upcoming book co-authored with my friend Corey Yoder, Sunday Best Quilts (releasing June 3, 2019), are now available in the Etsy shop. Corey and I are going to be signing bookplates at market that will be included with these books. You can find the listing here.
Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by!