Hello and happy Wednesday! Today I’m sharing Moda Block Heads 2 Block 45, “Twelve Crowns” by Betsy Chutchian. This is a gorgeous block that uses a lot of half-square triangles. I was sure happy I had lots in my stash that I was able to use to save a little time on this block!
This week’s block was pretty easy to get some pictures of in my quilt. As per the setting instructions, I’ve placed my block 45 at the top right corner of my quilt. You can see that for some of my blocks I used just one fabric for the large hst and the smaller hst’s, but that for some of them I did a little mixing and matching of fabrics. I was trying to use up half-square triangles that were already made when I did this…but I do love the scrappy look!
Tips for Moda Block Heads 2 Block 45
- For the A and B pieces, I used just one background fabric since the rest of my block was scrappy.
- I sized up the C squares to 2 ½″ x 2 ½″ and then used my standard method of making half-square triangles then trimming them down to size.
- I sized up the D squares to 4″ x 4″ and also trimmed them down.
Moda Block Heads 2 Block 45 Links
- Find the pattern for this week’s block by Betsy Chutchian here.
- Visit the Moda Landing page here (for access to previous block pattern links.
- And stop by the Moda Block Heads Facebook group here.
- Find all of my previous Moda Block Heads 2 posts here.
And Visit the other Moda Block Heads 2 Designers Here:
- Lynne Hagmeir of Kansas Troubles
- Barbara Groves of Me & My Sister Designs
- Carrie Nelson of Moda Fabrics
- Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chich
- Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Betsy Chutchian
- Stacey Iest Hsu
- Jan Patek
- Laurie Simpson of Minick & Simpson
- Jo Morton
- Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life (you are here)
- Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
- Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
Happy sewing Moda Block Heads 2 Block 45! Thanks so much for stopping by!