Hello, friends. Today I’m sharing my March Projects Update. You’ll notice that some new ones were added in–I blame it on the lovely spring weather. I’m also sharing a bit about how I use the Next Steps technique to keep up with projects at home, in the sewing room, and at work. I hope you’ll enjoy and be inspired by today’s post. Additionally, I filmed a short video with today’s update, so you can see the projects up close.
March Projects Update
Earlier this month I set three project goals: to continue working on my Sewcialites blocks, to continue making half-square triangles for an upcoming project, and to make some Village houses using our new fabric collections. I made progress on two of those goals and added in a few other projects to the mix. Here is a re-cap:
- I’ve made several additional Sewcialites blocks from the patterns I was behind on. I’m also current with the new weekly blocks. Get the patterns in 3″, 6″, and 9″ finished sizes here.
- I sewed four sheets of half-square triangles with 30 on each page, so I’m making good progress there. (Find Triangles on a Roll in the size I’m making here).
- I haven’t sewn any Village house blocks but plan to, soon.
As I mentioned, I’ve added in a few additional projects. I feel really good about them because they all utilized fabrics in my stash for the win. It feels so good to use up those fabrics you already have on hand. You can see all of the new projects up close in today’s video; additionally, here is a re-cap:
- Starlight Table Topper (I took an already-pieced block and changed out the border for a spring topper). Get the pattern for the block here. I cut 3 ½″ strips for my borders.
- Garden Variety Table Runner (this collection is from a couple of years ago, but I found some here)
- Large Grandmother’s Flower Garden Topper (English Paper Pieces are this size)
- Hope Chest Quilt Finish (This one is from a few years ago. I pieced the blocks with our The Front Porch Collection, used Clover Hollow for the border and Summer Sweet for the backing. It was so fun to use Happy Days fabric for the binding–get the pattern here).
March Projects Update Video
Watch the March projects update video above to hear more about the new projects and project progress. You can also go here to watch it on our YouTube channel.
Next Steps Technique
In the March Projects video I share a technique I often use when I seem to be stuck on a project whether it’s for home, for sewing and quilting or for work. It is also a great technique when you are in a rut. I’ll simply think about the next step I need to take to progress on the project. Sometimes it is something as simple as gathering supplies or cutting out the fabrics. Just thinking about what has to be done before progress can be made often gets me back on track with whatever the project is. And I’ve started getting in the habit of planning out a few of the next steps in writing to prevent getting stuck in the first place.
I hope your week is off to a wonderful beginning. Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by!