Hello, friends. Happy Saturday, and happy National Quilting Day! I’m definitely hoping to get to spend some time in the sewing room today. I cut out a bunch of things yesterday so that I’m ready to sew! Of course there are some household things we have to get done as well, and it’s supposed to be a beautiful day, so I’ll need to spend a bit of time outside. I hope today’s Saturday Seven 173: Lifestyle & Inspiration for Quilters post will help get your weekend off to a terrific beginning. Enjoy!
Saturday Seven 173
I needed this post on “Allowing Ourselve to Feel Joy During the Day.” And with all of the talk of minimalism in so many aspects of our lives–this one on the “9 Things We Should Never Minimize” is a must-read. I also enjoyed this reading on fighting time anxiety.
I have to try this Potato and Cream Cheese Soup. And this Rich and Creamy Fettuccine Alfredo recipe looks amazing. Also, I think I might have shared this one before making it–but now that we’ve tried it I have to share it again. It’s hands down the best Beef & Broccoli I’ve ever made at home. I followed the recipe exactly except that I used two sirloin strip steaks, thinly sliced, instead of flank steak.
3. Quilt + Sew
Today is National Quilting Day! I hope you have set aside some time to work on a favorite project. I’m starting a new quilt and working on some works in progress. If you’re interested in joining my friends at All People Quilt for a virtual retreat today, you can find all of the details to participate on either Instagram or Facebook here. If you’re just sewing at home and need some quick project ideas–you might enjoy my round up of Quick Quilting & Sewing Projects here. And I also have a fun Favorite Table Runner Patterns round up post here.
I recently moved my office into a bigger bedroom and got some new office supplies for the new space. But then I realized that so many of them are perfect for sewing room organization as well. I ended up ordering some duplicates Here are my favorites that work for both:
- I purchased the Blush Poppin All-In-One Desktop Organizer for the office and love how it will look on some white shelves we are adding in there. But then I ended up ordering it in white for the sewing room. It’s so versatile. You can store books, patterns lots of rulers, scissors, tools, and even Mini Charms, Charm Packs, and Layer Cakes. I added in a few notions that you can see above for example. Also, some of the front two compartment sections are adjustable which makes it even more versatile.
- The Poppin File Sorter in Blush above is also well-suited for the sewing room. Patterns, fabrics, Layer Cakes and Charm Packs area all perfectly suited for storage in an upright file.
- I also fell in love with the Marie Kondo Kon Mari Rattan Bins and got two sizes. They are sturdy and beautiful and functional for storing just about any fabric or office supplies. Plus I love that you can add a label clip on the ends.
- Finally, you can just see a sneak peek in the upper left hand corner of the Marie Kondo Desktop File Box I got for the office. It also is a great way to store patterns and other supplies in the sewing room.
This Clean Mama Kitchen Deep Clean is on my list for this week. Plus she has some great ideas in her post about how to spring clean when you don’t have time 🙂 I’m also going to do a little cleaning in the sewing room. All People Quilt have posted some terrific ideas for 31 Days to an Organized Sewing Space. Find them here.
6. Sincerely Yours Fabrics
I’ve put the first of the Sincerely Yours Fabrics pre-orders in the shop. Please note that these fabrics aren’t expected to ship until August 2021. For now I’ve added the Fat Quarter bundles and the low-volume prints: always the favorites. The low-volumes are always very popular in our collections, and Sincerely Yours has a wonderful assortment. You can find the 8 low-volume prints pictured in fat quarter, half-yard, and full-yard cuts for pre-order here. And pre-order the Sincerely Yours Fat Quarter Bundles here.
7. On the Blog Last Week
- A Quilting Life Podcast Episode 23 Show Notes
- February Favorites 2021
- Happy Days Fabrics: Up Close Preview
- Sewcialites Block 23
If you are looking for more inspiration, you can find all of the previous posts in this series here. Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by!
Maria Rose says
Thank you Sherri for another inspiring blog. Love your new office and sewing room organisational items.
I always enjoy readying your SaturdaySevens. I have used many of the recipes and now want to try the beef and broccoli as mentioned in today’s blog. Your quilts are always so beautiful and inspiring to me. You sew so precisely and have such beautiful fabrics. Thank you!
Belinda Anderson says
Thank you Sherri for such useful information and your quilts are absolutely gorgeous ?