Hello friends, and Happy Thursday. Today I’m excited to share another block from my sampler quilt, the Labor of Love Sampler Block 8. Now that the Balboa yardage and pre-cuts have shipped I know I’ll be seeing even more versions of this quilt pop up! Thanks so much for sewing along!
Labor of Love Sampler Block 8
I used prints in four colors for my Harmony Block and combined them with low-volume prints for backgrounds. This is a fun block, and you’ll have fun sewing the four blocks to combine into the sampler block.
Block 8 Links
Go here to download this week’s Block 8 pattern PDF (or click the button below). It’s a fun block, and I know you’ll enjoy making it. After making this week’s block, you might consider making the Harmony Quilt from the book (pictured above). It would be so lovely in Christmas fabrics or even in Balboa fabrics!
More Labor of Love Sampler Links
If you’re just joining in, you can find all of the necessary links below:
- Introductory post on the Labor of Love Sampler Quilt
- Labor of Love Sampler Quilt Update
- Video sharing the Labor of Love Sampler
- Find the Labor of Love quilt book (needed for the sew along) here and here.
- Get Fabric Requirements for the Labor of Love Sampler here.
- See the solids that coordinate with Balboa here.
- Get the pattern for Block 1 here.
- And find the pattern for Block 2 here.
- Get the Block 3 Pattern here.
- Get the Block 4 pattern here.
- And find the Block 5 pattern here.
- Find the Block 6 PDF here. (The simplified option for making one tree section instead of four is also included on the PDF).
- Get the Block 7 PDF from this post.
Just a reminder that there are a few more Balboa pre-cuts available in the shop here. And there is also some yardage available here. And just one more Balboa Project Package here. This collection has sold out from the warehouse, so be sure to pick up anything you might need while it’s available.
Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by!
Hi Sherri, I just received the fat eights bundle. Is this enough fabric?
sherri McConnell says
I used a fat quarter bundle for my quilt 🙂
Patty Jones says
Thank you so much for this fun quilt-a-long, I am loving my blocks and enjoying the process greatly! I have never done EPP, and didn’t really intend to, but couldn’t resist last week’s block, as it was too cute. Not only did I do the EPP, but I also appliqued them on by hand, another first. I prefer machine applique, but enjoyed the chance to stretch outside my box in a small, way. : ) I would love to share my blocks and be able to see what others are doing with theirs, but I do not have a smartphone, so I am unable to post there. I am hoping to be able to enjoy the sharing within your facebook group once you have the time to approve my pending membership there. I know you are busy, though.
Thanks again for the wonderfully unique sewalong.
Laurie Mathis says
I am loving the Labor of Love quilt along. What grey fabric did you use for the shashing?
Thanks so much!
sherri McConnell says
It’s the grey sun print from the Balboa collection. I have some in my Etsy shop