Hello, friends! I’ve recently updated the A Quilting Life Blog and wanted to give you some easy tips for getting started and finding those things you need. Here you go. Be sure to note that things are just a bit different depending on if you’re reading from a mobile device or a computer.
How to Navigate the A Quilting Life Blog
Reading with a Mobile Device
In the Home Page view on mobile (you’ll see A Quilting Life: A Place for all Things Fabric and Quilts at the top) you will find the following:
- Click on the set of three horizontal lines at the top to quickly access Start Here, Contact, Shop, and About. (More details on these below).
- Next. you’ll find large circles you can click on for Start Here, About, Blog Posts, and Fabric Collections.
- Under the circles you’ll find a short introduction to the four most recent blog posts. Click on “continue reading” to go to the post in its entirety.
- Find Social Media buttons below the four post intros (Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook).
- At the bottom of the mobile site are three ways to search. Choose “Archives” to search for a post by month/year. Choose “Categories” to search by topic. And finally, you can search the site by typing in keywords into the search bar.
- If you click on a post to continue reading, you’ll find the Home, Start Here, Contact, Shop, and About buttons clearly at the top of the page.
- Below the post you’ll find a comment form, social media links, a link to shop at Fat Quarter Shop, my Shop Link, and more popular post introductions.
- Again, at the bottom you’ll find the three ways to search the blog.
Reading on a Computer
I feel like it’s even easier to use the desktop version of the site. Get the details here:
- Find the Start Here, Contact, Shop, and About buttons above the Logo.
- The large circles mentioned above are spread out in a horizontal row, making it easy to click and go straight to the blog posts and other links.
- Find a short intro to the four most recent posts as on the mobile version. Click “continue reading” to read the post in its entirety. (You’ll find additional helpful posts in the sidebar when reading through a recent post).
- The side bar shares social media links. (Find additional links in the sidebar that will appear when you begin reading a post in its entirety.
- The three search methods can be found at the bottom of the site: Archives, Categories, and Search.
I hope these tips are helpful as you find How to Navigate the Quilting Life Blog after the recent updates. Any questions? Please feel free to email me!
Thanks so much for stopping by!