Hello, friends! Today I’m sharing all of the details for the Happy Go Lucky Quilt Sew Along! I am so excited that this sew along is finally beginning, today! I hope you’ll enjoy the process. I have lots of tips to share along with PDF printable page for you to keep track of your progress. And today’s video has even more thoughts and helps for sewing along, so be sure to watch!
Happy Go Lucky Quilt Sew Along
Happy Go Lucky Quilt Details
The Happy Go Lucky quilt was designed to make the best use of fat quarters. However, a lot of you have reached out and will be sewing with fat eighths and Layer Cakes. You’ll just need to be sure to have extra fabric available if you’re sewing with a smaller precut. Here are some of the quilt details:
- Happy Go Lucky quilt finishes at 79 ½″ x 79 ½″.
- I used 38 fat quarters from our Simply Delightful collection for my quilt.
- The quilt contains a variety of Sawtooth Stars, Nine-Patch, and Churn Dash blocks with a lot of light and low-volume prints used in the blocks.
- You will need the pattern (available in paper or PDF) to sew along.
Week One Tasks
Here is what I suggest for week one!
- Cut your strips for the nine-patch blocks.
- Cut your strips for the churn dash blocks.
- Make 3 stars–or more if desired!
- Get helps for making a Sawtooth Star block from this post and video.
- If you’re sewing with the required fat quarters, you will have enough fabric to use a different method for the flying geese units for your stars. Just be sure to follow your ruler directions and not the pattern directions if you’re using a specialty ruler like the Bloc Loc or the Creative Grids Ultimate Flying Geese Ruler.
- Keep reading to download the printable to keep track of your progress.
Happy Go Lucky Sew Along Tips Video
Watch the Happy Go Lucky Sew Along Tips video above or go here to watch it on YouTube. (Note: to keep the video from switching to another video be sure to interact with the video in some way such as enlarging the screen).
Keep Track of your Progress with the Sew Along Printable
Keep track of the blocks you’re making for the Happy Go Lucky quilt with this cute printable. Download it by clicking on the button below.
Thanks so much for stopping by for the Happy Go Lucky Quilt Sew Along.