Hello, friends! Today I’m sharing the first official Blockheads 5 Block 1. (Last week’s block was a fun bonus block perfect for using as your signature block). This week’s block is shared by original Blockhead member Betsy Chutchian, and I love, love, love her block this week. Keep reading for all of my tips and ideas for this week’s block.
Blockheads 5 Block 1
Block 1 Details and Tips
This week’s blocks from Moda designer Betsy Chutchian were so much fun to make. I did something just a little differently with the centers and actually love both looks. Whether you use a dark or a light print for the block center is up to you. Both looks are striking! Below you’ll find a few tips for accurately piecing this week’s block.
- You might want to consider using triangle paper for the hst’s in this week’s block. Use this paper for the large block and this paper for the small block.
- Lay out your fabric selections before beginning to sew to make sure you like the contrast between the different colors and prints.
Resources & Previous Week Block Pattern Links
Each week I’ll share the link to the previous week’s block and helpful resources for your reference.
- Find the Bonus Signature Block PDF here.
- Find Moda Blockheads 5 Block 1 here.
- Visit the Moda Blockheads 4 Resources page here.
- And find the Moda Blockheads Facebook Group here.
- And find all of my posts for this quilt along here.
The Next Block
Thanks so much for reading my Blockheads 5 Block 1 post. Be sure to stop by next Wednesday, September 20th for block 2.