Hello, friends! Today I’m sharing the A Quilting Life Podcast Episode 67 Show Notes with thoughts from our conversation along with links to quilts and other items we shared. I hope you’ll enjoy this conversation and be inspired for your own projects.
A Quilting Life Podcast Episode 67 Show Notes
Episode 67 Topics & Links
Here is a list of topics we discussed along with links to quilts and more:
- Little Town (Quilt on the Wall)
- Hearts at Home (Quilt on the Table)
- Scrappiness is Happiness book by Lori Holt
- Simply Half Yards by It’s Sew Emma
- Wildgrain (get $10 off your first box and free croissants for life with the code AQUILTINGLIFE)
- Cozy Earth–use the code AQUILTINGLIFE for 35% off site wide!
- Home for the Holidays Sampler begins this Wednesday! Details + Fabric Requirements Here
- We discussed quilting with pre-cuts vs. scrappy quilts in today’s conversation
Where to Listen & Watch the Podcast
Where to Find Sherri & Chelsi
- Sherri’s Blog (you are here)
- A Quilting Life Pattern Shop (Sherri’s)
- Chelsi’s Blog
- Chelsi’s Pattern Shop
- A Quilting Life Instagram
- Chelsi Stratton Instagram
- A Quilting Life YouTube Channel
- Sherri & Chelsi Facebook Group
- Sherri’s A Quilting Life Patreon Community
Our Next Episode
Thanks so much for stopping by for today’s A Quilting Life Podcast Episode 67 post. Our next episode will air on Monday, October 24th, 2022. We are always looking for listener questions, so please email them if you have some you would like us to discuss.
I just watched/listened to Podcast 67 about scrappy quilts and mystery quilts.
My first mystery quilt was sponsored by local quilt shop and the owner helped me with fabric choices. She told me to choose the one fabric I absolutely love and then I built it from there with her at times telling me “that is not the best choice” for this quilt. I absolutely loved my quilt when it was finished. I don’t live near that shop any more but try to follow that rule.
Scrappy is difficult for me; I try using leftovers and similar colors like Chelsea spoke about, but I still find that I lay out multiple pieces on the design wall using up large chunks of precious sewing time. And then I gift the quilt as it isn’t a hug for me personally.
However, I was given a Scrappiness is Happiness book and plan to participate in this sew along copying Lori’s color scheme. Only time will tell if I keep it.
Your podcasts are like a visit from friends and I thank you.