Hello, and happy Monday friends! Today I’m sharing the A Quilting Life Podcast Episode 47 Show Notes. Today’s episode features our friend and fellow Moda Designer Lisa Bongean. We had such a wonderful conversation with Lisa and know you’ll enjoy listening to and learning from her.
A Quilting Life Podcast Episode 47 Show Notes
Episode 47 Topics
We had a delightful conversation with Lisa and visited about quilting along with the following topics:
- How Lisa became interested in quilting as a young mom
- The beginnings of Primitive Gatherings (Lisa’s shop and fabric company)
- The new Primitive Gatherings retreat center
- Lisa’s family participation in her business
Episode 47 Links
- Four Square Two (on the wall)
- Side Door from Home & Hearth (on the table)
- Primitive Gatherings Fabrics
- Lisa’s blog
- Lisa’s Instagram
- Primitive Gatherings
Where to Listen and Watch the Podcast
Where to Find Sherri & Chelsi
- Sherri’s Blog (you are here)
- A Quilting Life Pattern Shop (Sherri’s)
- Chelsi’s Blog
- Chelsi’s Pattern Shop
- A Quilting Life Instagram
- Chelsi Stratton Instagram
- A Quilting Life YouTube Channel
- Sherri & Chelsi Facebook Group
Our Next Episode
We’re excited to let you know that our next episode will air on Monday, January 31st. That episode is a special fifth Monday episode where we will discuss listener questions. If you’d like to find out about earlier episodes of our show, you can find all of the Show Notes posts for the earlier episodes of the Quilting Life Podcast here.
Diane Hatthorn says
Hello and thank you for the wonderful podcast. I look forward to each episode. I have a question about acquired quilts. I am so fortunate to have several quilts given to me that are old (a couple over 100 years old) and of special meaning to me (my mom’s baby quilt made by friends of my grandmother). My question is this: What is the appropriate way to document these quilts? I’ve considered adding a label to each one giving the information that I know. A label is always with the quilt unlike a digital documentation or hardcopy photo and written information. Is it appropriate to add a label with new fabric to an old quilt? Thanks so much! And again, love you both!
Ali Barnes says
I loved this episode! Lisa is so fun to listen to and I want to go to Wisconsin now! That retreat building looks like heaven.
I have a question. Do you know the name of the pattern for the quilt that is blue and white stars? The one you have pictured, done in Starlight Gatherings. Thank you, love your podcast!