Hello, friends! Today I’m sharing the A Quilting Life Planner & Workbook | January 2022 helps for using the planner and workbook to take control of your quilting life. I hope you’ll enjoy the ideas in today’s post and that you’ll also watch the video content for even more ideas.
A Quilting Life Planner & Workbook | January 2022
Quilting Life Planner & Workbook Video
Watch this month’s instructional video above, or go here to watch it on YouTube. I share tips for working on this month’s Reflection section along with some other sections you can begin working on now. I also share some ideas for adding tabs to your planner (see links to the specific tabs I used below).
- First, be sure to read the introductory post from the first Monday in December (with a video).
- Next, fill out the pages in the Reflection section of the planner on pages 10-11.
- Then, work on thinking about and filling out the Organizational Systems review on page 13.
- Fill out the dates on your calendar pages (I combined January 1 and 8 to give myself extra space at the bottom of the calendar.
- Schedule time for your sewing (kind of the “pay yourself first” idea from money management applied to quilting).
- Fill out “Works in Progress” and “Bucket List” pages.
- Next month we’ll be moving onto the major list section of the planner–one of my favorites!
Quilting Life Planner & Workbook Accessory Ideas + Links
Here are links to a few things I’ve found helpful in combination with my planner:
- Ultra Tabs like I added to my planner
- Post It Durable Filing Tabs (another option)
- My favorite basic planner pens (they write smoothly and don’t bleed through the pages).
- Get the Quilting Life Planner & Workbook here (ships in about a week as there was a weather-delay on my last order).
- And find the Quilting Life Planner & Workbook on Amazon here.
- And find all of the previous posts on the A Quilting Life Planner & Workbook here.
Questions and Comments
If you have any questions or comments, please leave them on this post or in the comment section of the video. I’ll combine those and spend time each month from here on out answering those questions. Thank you!
Finally, if you are enjoying the planner, I would be so happy if you might consider adding a review on Amazon. This helps other quilters find the planner. Thanks so much!
Happy quilting and thank you for stopping by!
Maybe a silly question, but are you numbering your calendar month from the first block as #1 or using the blocks as a traditional calendar where the first six blocks (days) are blank, and you start Saturday the 1st, on the second page?
Hope that made sense.
Love the planner, excited to start it!
sherri McConnell says
I prefer Sunday Start, but have the first square as the 2nd (and shared 1/8 at the end of row one).
This will work great for those who prefer Monday or Sunday starts as it’s customizable.
Cherrin Kerr says
Please help. I thought I was ordering block of the month
2022. The receipt is for 2019. I’m 85 a d this is my first bom experience on downloading. thanking you in advance
sherri McConnell says
The 2022 blocks are free on the blog the first Thursday of each month. You won’t need to go to the shop to get them. Thank you!
Shannan Thompson says
Thank you so much for making this planner – the questions and thought process you walk us through is wonderful. Also, I love it that you left the calendar dates off. I prefer to have my week start with Monday and it is difficult to find a calendar or planner that starts on Monday in the US. Finally, thank you for the tip about adding tabs. I am going to add a tab for the Projects section and some of the lists you have throughout so I can pop right to them when I need.
Tammy E says
Thank you so much for the video, loving the support that comes with this awesome planner! I was wondering if you could share a little more about your weekly planning you do i.e., what does that look like? I am a visual person; it would be a great help to just see how you do your list etc.
Thank you again, I look forward to getting my life more together, lol
sherri McConnell says
Thank you so much for this question! I’ll definitely talk about this!
Cyndi B says
I am so excited to get started on my Planner! Thank you for all your helpful tips and videos. Question: what do you use your tabs for? Just to quickly find certain sections or for something else?