Hello, and happy Monday! I hope you are well and that you had a relaxing weekend. Today I’m sharing the Quilting Life Block of the Month 2020 | May blocks. I had my blocks made early for this month and even had time to make my 18″ block version. I meant to post on the first of the month but had forgotten to take photos. So today it is! I really like this month’s block and hope you’ll enjoy making it.
Quilting Life Block of the Month 2020 | May
The May block is a fun star design and includes a little bit of everything. There are squares, rectangles, half-square triangles, and flying geese units to make. But since you don’t have to make too many hst’s and flying geese, the block still goes together fairly quickly. I used fabrics from our upcoming Balboa fabric collection for the 6″ and 12″ blocks.
May Blocks Tips & Tricks
Since this month’s block includes a nice-sized center square, 8 squares, and 4 rectangles, it goes together fairly quickly. You’ll just want to be sure to have the half-square triangles and flying geese at the correct size for your block to go together well.
- I used half-square triangle paper for my half-square triangles. For finished sizes, see the pattern PDF. You can also use this method for the half-square triangles to make and trim them perfectly to size.
- I used the Bloc Loc Flying Geese ruler for my flying geese. For finished sizes, see the pattern PDF. (Note: if you use the Bloc Loc ruler for flying geese, you’ll need to cut your pieces ¼″ larger on each side than stated in the pattern directions).
May Blocks Video
Watch the video above or on my YouTube channel here for my walk-through of this month’s block and tips and tricks.
Block Pattern Links
- Go here for the May PDF pattern (or click the button below)
- Find the April pattern here.
- Get the March pattern here.
- Find the February pattern here.
- Get the January pattern here.
I hope you’re enjoying sewing along! One more month and we’ll be to the half-way point! Happy sewing the Quilting Life Block of the Month 2020 | May blocks. Thanks so much for stopping by…