At first I was just going to sew blocks into rows...then I decided I might as well
sew the quilt center; and then I figured why not sew the borders on?! I used three different fabrics for the rectangles and squares that are used to separate the blocks. And then I used just one fabric for the long sashing strips and borders.
Something I thought about as I sewed it all together was how fun it was to see the many different fabrics (I made just 7 of the 18 blocks with the remaining 11 being made by my Quilting Bee friends). I think that every block has fabrics I either have in my stash or can identify...and yet the blocks were made from quilters living in different parts of the country and world. It's always so interesting to see how quilting really does bring us together!
Quilt Stats: Scrappy! With my finished quilt about 62" x 78" (free pattern here).
Have a wonderful day...thanks so much for stopping by!
PS Congratulations to Jeanna who wins the giveaway from Olfa on this post! I've emailed you for your mailing information!