The prom dress is finished! It took a lot longer than I expected and required a lot of fittings since I combined three patterns. The bodice is Butterick 4918, the sleeves are Butterick 5184, and the skirt is McCall's 5321. Both fabrics, satin and organza, frayed very easily, so I used french seams in all of the skirt pieces (doubling my sewing time). The bodice is lined and underlined, and all of the bodice seams have boning in them as well.
Here is a close-up of the skirt. The organza has tiny rhinestones that really sparkle and add a lot to the look; however, the rhinestones made it difficult to sew, especially when doing the rolled hem. Younger daughter is pleased...now she just has to figure out how she is going to do her hair before Saturday. Her date is going to wear a white tuxedo...they'll be a cute couple.
Now that it's finished I'm happy that I made it...but, wow, it really took over my life for the past few days! I'm looking forward to getting back to some quilting!