Happy Wednesday! I hope you are having a wonderful June! This week I spent quite a bit of time finishing up my Moda Building Blocks quilt top. It’s all in one piece now!
It’s a big quilt, so it’s been a little hard to photograph indoors (at the end of the post I have an outside photo of the full quilt). I’ve had a few questions about the fabrics…they are all from a variety of Moda collections by many different Moda designers, and some have been in my stash for several years.
I had so much fun making the 6″ blocks–and there were quite a few of them to make for the bottom half of the quilt. Making those small blocks reminded me of working on my Farmer’s Wife quilt. Some of my blocks are extra scrappy because I tried to use up as many of the smaller pieces as possible.
The final block I made was one of the 36″ blocks, but I didn’t have enough of any red fabric for the large square needed to cut the block’s setting triangles. Luckily, my local hardware store had the DaySail collection and I was able to get ⅝ of a yard of the text print on red I needed to finish up!
Although if I were to do it over there are some fabric combos I might change up, I’m truly happy with the finish–I absolutely can’t wait to get this quilted! And It feels good to finish up another project from last year! I’ll be sure to share photos again when it’s all quilted and bound. Thanks so much for stopping by!