Yesterday I decided to play with a couple of teapot patterns. First I made the great new pattern from Ayumi at the Pink Penguin blog. I decided to do as Nanette did and use a button for the handle on the lid (I haven’t found the perfect button yet). I love this little teapot. I enlarged the pattern 125% which produced a block 6″ wide and 7 ¼″ tall. Rather than using the freezer paper method in the pattern, I copied the pattern onto vellum and paper-pieced the teapot.
Next, I decided to try another teapot pattern that I found from Stephanie’s list. I also used vellum to paper piece this teapot; it took a lot longer as it had many more pieces than the Pink Penguin teapot. This pattern finishes up at 8 ¾″ by 8 ¾″–the perfect size for a potholder!