Happy Saturday! If you are new here, I post fun finds and interesting things mostly related to quilting each Saturday. Of course I often add something fun to read, fun to cook, and fun for the home! Enjoy…
My final quilt top finish for 2017 came home from the quilter this week, and yes,
I’m binding it now…in January. So happy that I’ll have this for next year–more pictures soon! And now…on with this week’s finds:
1. This quilting reference book All-in-One Quilter’s Reference Tool: Updated is one I use nearly every week. It’s small but packed with excellent reference material for quilters.
2. Did you know Craftsy is now offering a “Craftsy Unlimited” program with monthly and yearly rates offering full access to all classes…perfect if you’ve been wanting to sample a bunch of classes! Find all of the details here.
3. My friend Amy Smart has just started a “Sew Goodness” challenge for 2018. She wants to increase her charitable sewing and will offer suggestions monthly. This month’s idea is to sew a pillowcase or pillowcase dress for charity. So doable! Find out more here!
My daughter Chelsi is finishing up two of these quilts for her daughters…she used the heart in a star block from this pattern make this fun Valentines quilt…more on this later, too!
4. Another creams cold-weather perfect soup. And this one my husband loves as well (he’s not a soup guy)! I’ve been making this for several years now…get the recipe for Creamy Corn Chowder here.
5. I’ve read this article twice now. It makes you think. Of course I love the fact that she chose things she would keep buying throughout the year (because we all need new fabric, right?)! But the ideas in Ann Patchett’s “My Year of No Shopping” are quite thought-provoking.
6. One of my blog posts from the archives…Best Tips for Measuring and Cutting Accurately…worth a re-read as we are all likely starting new projects now!
7. And finally, these stacking drawers are an organizational product I’m loving right now. Mine will not hold shirts, though, because they are what I’m using to update my storage for smaller notions and supplies…I’ve ordered a set of three and can’t wait to see how much I can store in them!
Thanks so much for stopping by on your Saturday to read…have a great rest of your weekend!