Happy Saturday! If you are new here, I post fun finds and interesting things mostly related to quilting each Saturday. Of course I often add something fun to read, fun to cook, and fun for the home! Enjoy…
My final quilt top finish for 2017 came home from the quilter this week, and yes,
I’m binding it now…in January. So happy that I’ll have this for next year–more pictures soon! And now…on with this week’s finds:
1. This quilting reference book All-in-One Quilter’s Reference Tool: Updated is one I use nearly every week. It’s small but packed with excellent reference material for quilters.
2. Did you know Craftsy is now offering a “Craftsy Unlimited” program with monthly and yearly rates offering full access to all classes…perfect if you’ve been wanting to sample a bunch of classes! Find all of the details here.
3. My friend Amy Smart has just started a “Sew Goodness” challenge for 2018. She wants to increase her charitable sewing and will offer suggestions monthly. This month’s idea is to sew a pillowcase or pillowcase dress for charity. So doable! Find out more here!
My daughter Chelsi is finishing up two of these quilts for her daughters…she used the heart in a star block from this pattern make this fun Valentines quilt…more on this later, too!
4. Another creams cold-weather perfect soup. And this one my husband loves as well (he’s not a soup guy)! I’ve been making this for several years now…get the recipe for Creamy Corn Chowder here.
5. I’ve read this article twice now. It makes you think. Of course I love the fact that she chose things she would keep buying throughout the year (because we all need new fabric, right?)! But the ideas in Ann Patchett’s “My Year of No Shopping” are quite thought-provoking.
6. One of my blog posts from the archives…Best Tips for Measuring and Cutting Accurately…worth a re-read as we are all likely starting new projects now!
7. And finally, these stacking drawers are an organizational product I’m loving right now. Mine will not hold shirts, though, because they are what I’m using to update my storage for smaller notions and supplies…I’ve ordered a set of three and can’t wait to see how much I can store in them!
Thanks so much for stopping by on your Saturday to read…have a great rest of your weekend!
I love your Swell quilt it's so prettyand I can't wait to see more!
And Chelsi has surely inherited your sewing talent I love all the quilts she makes.
Thanks for all the tips and have a wonderful weekend.
Great post Sherri. I also love your finish! I have a few Christmas quilts on my list. Two will definitely be done by next year.
Very good ideas and can see where with some thought I could benefit from the "No Shopping" for a year:::::( Love the quilts you and Chelsi did and can't wait to see more of them
Sherri, have to tell you that your Saturday post is one of my favorite posts every week. Thank you, thank you.
Little Quiltsong says
Thank you for all the great ideas, and the quilts are gorgeous. Love the quilting on both!
Hi Sherri, Your daughters quilt is amazing. I love the little heart detail in the quilting. Those little stacking organizers look like a great tool too. I like the idea of a clear drawer to make things easier to find.
Love your Saturday seven posts. Excellent content always.Thank you??
Pam Beam says
I really love the Christmas quilt with Santa’s picture! Would you please share the pattern? I could figure it out but too lazy. Thanks, Pam
Star Brown says
I love both of those quilts so much. They are so fresh and beautiful.
Mary Card says
I am really enjoying these Saturday posts. Thank you for taking the time and the energy to produce them! Chelsi's quilt is adorable. How many blocks did she make to finish the quilt?
I read the Year of No Shopping too. Very thought provoking. Love both of the quilts and that Christmas fabric is so cute.
Rosemary B❤️ says
I am working on finishing and getting rid of things in the house. Big jobs.
I love the clear boxes they could be great for projects
Gwyn Wellliver says
Beautiful finished quilts! Thank you for sharing.
Karin Vail says
'Swell'' – ::swoons:: – I want to make something with that fabric line SO BAD. It just reminds me of childhood so much! <3 I have been wracking my brain trying to come up with a MBS project to submit. Might have to put minds together with my mom and come up with something SOON!
Helen L says
Tell Chelsi she did a great job: it's a beautiful quilt!! And the no shopping idea was working great till I went to Road to Calif! I'll need to not shop for a few months now!! 🙂 You need to go to it some day: you'd love it!! I'll have to look for the Quilter's reference book: it looks like all the different ideas you need for quilting might be in this book. so much handier than trying to remember what magazine I saw a particular tip in! Have a great week! Hugs, H
Helen L says
Just went and read the No shopping article: it was great!!! Thanks for pointing us to it. 🙂