Hello and happy Saturday, and welcome to this week’s edition of the Saturday Seven! In my Saturday Seven posts I share fun things I’ve found–quilting and non-quilting related. I try to share at least one free pattern or tutorial, a recipe, home decor or organization ideas, something thought-provoking, and then a few more quilty things!
Thank you so very much for all of the positive comments on these Saturday
1. About a year ago I made the tumbler mat pictured above to set my sewing machine on when I attend retreats. It made a huge difference…and since I’m preparing to attend a couple of retreats in the next month or so, I’ll be putting it to good use! Read my Best Tips for Quilt Retreats post here!
2. The Moda Bakeshop just posted directions for setting 6″ quilt blocks in a straight-set or on-point quilt. While the setting was designed for the 25 Christmas blocks they posted, you can use these directions for any blocks you might have. Find the post here.
3. This Our Best Bites Creamy Chicken and Rice Taco Soup is on our menu for next week…I love soups in the winter and could eat this one each week!
4. Organizing has been on my mind a lot this week (yes, I’m still at it)! Storing larger pieces of fabric on a shelf is easy using this terrific folding method…no special supplies needed other than an acrylic ruler.
5. A Lone Star Quilt is on my to-do list for 2018! Here is a free tutorial for a 20″ x 20″ Lone Star Block.
6. It’s week one of the Clean Mama Clutter Challenge…definitely not too late to start in on this one! Another great clutter challenge begins today from A Bowl Full of Lemons…find it here (and download your free home organization printables here!
7. If you get the post-holiday blues, you might enjoy this article…it gets right to the point of the real meaning of the season. I really enjoyed reading it!
8. I know, I know…but I found one more thing. For Christmas, Moda gave a fantastic clipboard set with pencils, binder clips, and the most wonderful graph paper pad. I’ve been using it a lot and was happy to see they’ve offered this set for sale! Get it here!
Have a wonderful weekend, and thanks so much for stopping by!