Hello and happy Saturday! And welcome to the tenth edition of the Saturday Seven posts! I can’t believe it’s been ten weeks since I started this series on a whim; I appreciate the kind emails encouraging me to continue this series. I sure have fun with it, and I’m glad you are enjoying it as well.
This quilt is just a sneak peek of one that came back from the quilter this
The Saturday Seven
1. My favorite pens right now.Pilot Precise V5 Roller Ball Stick Pen, 0.5mm Extra Fine, Assorted Inks, Pack of 7 (PIL26015) They come in several colors and don’t bleed through journal pages…and they write beautifully smooth!
2. I was recently in Oregon where I ate Marionberry cobbler every day for four days straight. And then I found this recipe that works as a substitute for when you can’t get Marionberries in your area…I can’t wait to try it! If you’re looking for an easy dinner for cool weather…this Italian Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner is on my list of recipes to try.
3. I consider meal-planning one of my top tips for staying organized and being able to spend more time quilting. Here is a great post on meal planning that sums up the way I approach it.
4. Books…as in three really good ones I was able to get. The first one Oh, Scrap!: Fabulous Quilts That Make the Most of Your Stash is available only as a pre-order now, but you will want to pre-order or put it in your list to purchase when it’s available. It’s seriously one of my favorite quilting books ever. I want to make every. single. quilt. Not to mention, it’s authored by one of my favorite quilters and people, Lissa Alexander. Okay…the next book is amazing too…and you can get it now. Moda All-Stars – Mini-Charm Quilts: 18 Clever Projects for 2-½″ Squares is the perfect book for using up your mini charms and scraps…I love this one as well and have several projects on my list–projects that can be quickly completed! And finally, if you love beautiful quilt photos and are looking for a journal, A Quilter’s Journal is a beautiful book that will not disappoint. It’s perfect for yourself or as a gift for a friend.
5. This free mini quilt pattern featuring hearts is perfect for this time of year!
6. One of my favorite organizing duos to follow (The Home Edit) have recently curated a Home Organization collection with Target to share their favorite organizing products, and they have a whole page devoted to their favorite finds here.
7. One more book–hot off the press! The Home Decluttering Diet: Organize Your Way to a Clean and Lean House I was lucky enough to get one of the first copies available from our library and can’t put this down. It contains lots of ideas for cleaning and organizing with beautiful photos you’ll want to look at again and again!
(My 2017 Block of the Month quilt is quilted now, too…I’ll be sharing this next week as well)!
Have a wonderful weekend, and thanks so very much for stopping by!