Hello and happy Wednesday, friends! Today I’m sharing blocks from the Sampler Spree Quilt Along week four. I didn’t get a post up last week, so I’ll be sharing eight blocks today to keep with my schedule of four per week. I had a lot of fun with this week’s blocks and have a few tips and tricks for most of them. Also, I want to thank everyone for the very kind comments on Monday’s post–they were read and much appreciated!
Sampler Spree Quilt Along
I’ve loved taking my time with these blocks. My process has been to first look ahead at the week’s blocks (I’m going in chronological order) and start pulling fabrics into four piles–one for each of the week’s block. This is helping me keep a good mix of colors weekly (and hopefully throughout the quilt). In a couple of weeks I’ll start adding in fabrics from a collection we’ll be sharing soon, so I’m focusing on using other collections right now.
Week Three Blocks
- Block 9, Tussy Mussy–These fabrics are from Happy Days other than the green print which is from Summer Sweet. The Bloc Loc Mini Kite in a Square Ruler was super helpful.
- Block10, Squash Blossom–My fabrics are from our Happy Days collection. I did use the Bloc Loc Flying Geese Trim Tool for the flying geese units on this one (Bloc Loc trim tools are sold in finished sizes…so always check your pattern in order to use the correct size).
- Block 11–Lacy Lattice Work–My fabrics are all from our Happy Days collection. I was able to use my new Bloc Loc Mini Half Rectangle Trim Ruler (the one I link works for several sizes including the size needed for this block) and loved how it helped me with trimming.
- Block 12, Patio Pavers–I used two prints from Summer Sweet to make this delightful block. I followed the pattern instructions exactly on this one.
Week Four Blocks
- Block 13, The Kitchen Wood Box–all of these fabrics are from Happy Days. And I did use the Mini Simple Folded Corners Ruler.
- Block 14, Spinster–the green and yellow prints are both from our Summer Sweet collection. The Mini Simple Folded Corners Ruler was a big help for this one.
- Block 15, Jacksonville Square–I used red prints from Happy Days with the center floral on cream from our Harper’s Garden group And yes, the Mini Simple Folded Corners Ruler 🙂
- Block 16, Lattice–I used the small floral on Citrine from our Happy Days collection and, once again, the Mini Simple Folded Corners Ruler.
More Sampler Spree Quilt Along Links
- First, if you don’t have it already, be sure to grab a copy of Susan Ache’s Sampler Spree book for all of the block patterns. You can follow along with Susan on her Instagram Account @yardgrl60.
- Next, find the Moda Cutting Table posts for this sew along here (last week they shared a fun printable if you’re interested in keeping track of your block progress.
- And, find all of my posts for this sew along here.
Finally….I just wanted to let everyone know that I’m almost completely caught up with Happy Days pre-orders. (I’m still waiting on the pre-cut hexagon Honeycombs for the Sweet quilt kits, though). I also just listed a few kits for Chelsi’s Botanical Gardens quilt. (Order the pattern separately here).
Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by!