Hello and happy Tuesday! I hope you can put up with one more day of pineapples, and then I promise I won’t share them any more until my quilt is back from being quilted. Although it wasn’t on the schedule for yesterday, I ended up finishing up my pineapple quilt top.
At first I was just going to sew blocks into rows…then I decided I might as well
sew the quilt center; and then I figured why not sew the borders on?! I used three different fabrics for the rectangles and squares that are used to separate the blocks. And then I used just one fabric for the long sashing strips and borders.
I’m super happy with it…it really does say “summer vacation” to me! I need to figure out what to use for a backing and then get it sent off for quilting…oh, and I’ll need to figure out binding, too. I’m thinking of a green binding…either scrappy or from one of the new Creekside greens.
Something I thought about as I sewed it all together was how fun it was to see the many different fabrics (I made just 7 of the 18 blocks with the remaining 11 being made by my Quilting Bee friends). I think that every block has fabrics I either have in my stash or can identify…and yet the blocks were made from quilters living in different parts of the country and world. It’s always so interesting to see how quilting really does bring us together!
Quilt Stats: Scrappy! With my finished quilt about 62″ x 78″ (free pattern here).
Have a wonderful day…thanks so much for stopping by!