Hello, friends! Today I’m sharing the Moda Blockheads 4 Block 5 blocks for this week. This week’s block is brought to us by Barb Groves of Me & My Sister Designs and is called “Two of Five.” Block 5 is a snap to put together, and yet there are lots of fun options for your fabric placement and shading.
Moda Blockheads 4 Block 5
First, just a bit about where to best find this week’s block designer, Barb. While Barb does have a blog, you will find her most of the time on her Instagram account. She recently shared a bright and fun new fabric collection that you can see on her IG posts and stories.
Block 5 Details, Tips, and Tricks
- First, go here to download this week’s block from Barb of Me & My Sister Designs –or click the button below. (Barb’s block appears on the Moda website this week).
- You can use triangle paper for the half-square triangle sections–or simply size up the squares b7 ⅛″ to ¼″ so you can trim down to the exact measurements needed.
- I strip-pieced my center sections to save time and increase accuracy.
- I used a dark center for my 4.5″ finished block and used my block background for the center in my 9″ finished block. There are lots of possibilities here.
- Finally, take photos of your finished blocks together this week and note what stands out. Pull fabrics now for next week’s sewing to save time–and to make sure your mix of colors is balanced.
Moda Blockheads 4 Sew Along Information
- Read the Moda Blockheads 4 Introductory post here.
- Get the Moda Blockheads 4 Basic Methods Resources Sheet PDF here.
- Join the Moda Blockheads Facebook group. Join to share your blocks and receive inspiration from the other Blockheads participants.
- And find all of my previous Moda Blockheads 4 posts here.
One More Thing
This week’s “one more thing” is just a bit of happy news–Seashore Drive is shipping this week! Watch for it arriving very soon to your favorite shops and to your mailbox if you’ve pre-ordered 🙂
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you’ll enjoy sewing Moda Blockheads 4 Block 5. Happy quilting!
Pat Carnine says
Sherri: Are there written instructions for the
Meet the Maker quilt that I can purchase?
I like the videos but it helps to see the instructions
in written form too.
Thanks for your assistance,
I’m am unable to find the directions for each of the blocks in a consistent format. When I click on these links I get directed to different pages, some of which don’t have the block instructions. Is there a single place I can go to download all the the block instructions?
sherri McConnell says
Beginning next week I’m going to put direct links to all of the previous week’s blocks in my posts. That will make it much easier 🙂
If you’re on Facebook…the Moda group does have direct links there also.