Hello, friends! Today I’m sharing Moda Blockheads 4 Block 25+ Bonus Block 9. Both of these blocks are terrific blocks. I made Block 25 in just the 9″ finished size and Bonus Block 9 in the 4.5″ finished size. I have pattern links and tips for both blocks below.
Moda Blockheads 4 Block 25
Block 25 Pattern Link + Tips
This week’s block is a super cute heart in a star block shared by Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique. I love the framed borders that just set off each of the sections of the block perfectly.
- First, go here to grab the PDF pattern from Vanessa or click the button below (remember that it might not be available until 8 a.m. CST).
- Next, you might want to use the Mini Simple Folded Corners Trim Tool Ruler to add the squares to the rectangles for the heart center.
- Finally, measure & carefully cut the pieces for the flying geese units. The corner units require simple piecing of squares and rectangles.
Bonus Block Pattern Link + Tips | Galaxy Block
- First, go here to get the Galaxy Block quilt pattern PDF or click the button below.
- I added ⅛″ to the squares for the half-square triangle units to allow for easier trimming.
- There are several suggestions on the pattern for making the Triangle in a Square units, and there are also templates provided for using foundation paper piecing for this part of the block. You can find my foundation paper piecing tutorial here.
Moda Blockheads 4 Sew Along Information
- Read the Moda Blockheads 4 Introductory post here.
- Get the Moda Blockheads 4 Basic Methods Resources Sheet PDF here.
- Find all of the previous Moda Blockheads 4 block information in the Blockheads 4 Archive here.
- Join the Moda Blockheads Facebook group. In the group you can share your blocks and get inspired by the other Blockheads participants.
- And find all of my previous Moda Blockheads 4 posts here.
Nearing the Finish Line…
We’re nearing the finish line for this sew along. I’ll be binding my quilt later this week and can’t wait to start sharing some pictures of the quilted blocks.