Hello, friends! Today I’m sharing Moda Block Heads 3 Block 49–“X Marks the Spot” which is a super cute and fun block pattern by my friend Lissa Alexander. I loved making this week’s block and know you will as well. In fact, the fabrics I used for my block also inspired me to make a new sewing bag using the same color combination. I’ll be sharing that soon when I share an update of some of my current sewing and quilting projects.
Block Heads 3 Block 49
The center of this week’s block is super simple to put together…and we all need a little simple in our lives right now, don’t we?! Don’t let the outer corner triangles worry you, either. They are actually sized up just a bit to allow for trimming your block to the perfect size. You might end up wanting to make an entire quilt from this block 🙂
Block 49 Links
- Get this week’s PDF pattern here (or click the button below). Remember you may have to wait until 8 a.m. CST in order to download the pattern.
- Visit the Moda Block Heads 3 Resource Page here. This page has links to all of the blocks, fabric requirements, and setting options.
- Then, join in on the fun (and weekly giveaways from now through the end of the Sew Along) in the Moda Block Heads Facebook Group here.
- And find all of my previous Moda Block Heads 3 posts here.
Moda Block Heads 3 Designers
Be sure to stop by and see what all of the other Moda Block Heads 3 Designers are up to this week. You can find them at the links below:
- Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
- Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life (you’re here!)
- Betsy Chutchian
- Jan Patek of Jan Patek Quilts
- Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic
- Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
- Lissa Alexander
- Laurie Simpson of Minick & Simpson
- Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Stacey Iest Hsu
- Robin Pickens
- Janet Clare
- Jen Kingwell
- Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree & Company
This Week’s Giveaway Info + More
Once again, Moda fabrics will be sharing a Layer Cake giveaway from the Moda Block Heads Facebook group. Be sure to go here and comment on Lissa’s giveaway post to enter a beautiful Layer Cake by 3 Sisters.
Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by!