Hello and happy Wednesday, friends! Today I’m sharing the Moda Block Heads 3 Block 38 which is a fun log cabin block. The log cabin block is one of my favorites, so it was fun to see this fun version in the line-up.
Moda Block Heads 3 Block 38
I used fabrics from our upcoming Happy Days collection for my block. I used two different lights for the “center” squares (each one repeated twice). Then I used three different prints in each of the four color ways: aqua, coral, citrine, and red. I love my block.
Block 38 Tips and Tricks
This week’s block is composed of just squares and rectangles. So cut carefully, make sure your ¼″ seam is accurate, and have fun. This one goes together quickly!
Block 38 Links
- Go here or click the button below for this week’s pattern from Stacey Iest Hsu (remember that block patterns may not be available until 8 a.m. CST).
- Find the Moda Block Heads 3 Resource Page here.
- Join in on the Moda Block Heads Facebook Group here.
- And find all of my previous posts in this series here.
Moda Block Heads 3 Designers
- Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
- Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life (you’re here!)
- Betsy Chutchian
- Jan Patek of Jan Patek Quilts
- Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic
- Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
- Lissa Alexander
- Laurie Simpson of Minick & Simpson
- Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Stacey Iest Hsu
- Robin Pickens
- Janet Clare
- Jen Kingwell
- Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree & Company
Notes for This Week–Labor of Love Quilt Along
I’ll be back later this afternoon with the first block pattern in the Labor of Love Quilt Along! So excited to get started with it!
Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by!