Hello and happy Wednesday! Thank you so much for all of the kind comments about our new Harper’s Garden fabric collection. I’ll be sharing more soon! Today, though, I’m sharing Moda Block Heads 2 Block 48. This week’s block is the beautiful Ann Arbor block by Laurie Simpson. Since it is an applique’ block, Corey has once again designed a pieced block you can use in its place.
Corey’s fun alternate block is called the Dainty Blossom block. And it’s a beautiful, fun block. I used mostly fabrics from Clover Hollow and also used the small dots on cream background fabric from our Desert Bloom collection.
Moda Block Heads 2 Block 48 Tips
- Make sure you have plenty of contrast between your main flower fabric and the second flower fabric (yellow and coral in my block).
- Also make sure the background fabric isn’t too overwhelming for the prints you choose for your flower and leaf sections.
- The Simple Folded Corners Ruler made the easy corner triangle pieces fast and easy to piece. No need to change the sizes on any of the pieces when you use this ruler.
Moda Block Heads 2 Block 48 Links
- Find the pattern for the beautiful Ann Arbor applique’ block by Laurie Simpson here.
- Find the pattern for Corey’s alternate pieced block here.h
- Visit the Moda Block Heads 2 Landing Page here for quilt information.
- Visit the Moda Block Heads Facebook Group here to share your blocks and see other blocks.
- Find all of my previous Moda Block Heads 2 posts with photos, tips, and links here.
And Find the other Moda Block Heads 2 Designers Here:
- Lynne Hagmeir of Kansas Troubles
- Barbara Groves of Me & My Sister Designs
- Carrie Nelson of Moda Fabrics
- Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chich
- Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Betsy Chutchian
- Stacey Iest Hsu
- Jan Patek
- Laurie Simpson of Minick & Simpson
- Jo Morton
- Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life (you are here)
- Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
- Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
Yesterday, I began sharing our newest collection, Harper’s Garden! I have five new quilts and patterns I’ll be showing very soon as well. If you missed yesterday’s post, you can see more photos of this beautiful fabric here. And, if you want to sneak a peek at the patterns, you can find them in the shop here.
Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by!
Judy Carter says
The alternative Moda Block Heads 2 Block 48 will not go through. It is blocked somehow. Is there another way to copy the pattern?
Sherri, unable to open your pattern for alternate block 48. Help. Absolutely enjoy following along with your scrappy quilt and directions.. keep them all coming.
I too am finding a broken link to the alternate pattern. ?
Love our block and the quilting on your Modablockheads quilt is amazing!
Michelle H says
Alive this block! I think it would look amazing with a quilt made from just this block! Going to have to try it.
pat chlebowski says
I am using 3 of your collections to do the Moda blockheads 2. I love it and am a big fan of you and your daughter. Thanks for all your help.
sherri McConnell says
Thank you so much! I finished binding my BlockHeads 2 quilt just the other evening!