Hello and happy Thursday! I’m excited to share my most recent finish–a fun pillow that will look wonderful in any fabrics (I think you’ll definitely want to make one of these, too)! International Quilt Market is just over a week away, and I’ve been trying to think of some smaller projects I can finish fast to add some extra touches to the booth. This got added to my to-do list in a hurry!
I’m actually going to be debuting one new mini pattern for market, too…and of
course I’ll share it here, first! So about the pillow…this scrappy patchwork pillow was a lot of fun to make. It’s from a free tutorial (I’ll put a link at the end of this post) and uses mini charms and just a little bit of extra fabric!
I really love the on-point set of the mini charms. After the center section is pieced it is trimmed into a rectangle before adding the trims…super simple even for a beginner.
I changed up the pillow back a bit and used three different prints and a zipper (hidden under the blue flap). Since I love pillows with binding, I added that, too!
The day kind of got away from me, and the sun was going down fast, but I’m so happy I was able to snap a few photos to share with you this morning!
- Finished pillow measures 16″ x 16″.
- All fabrics are from The Front Porch collection by Sherri & Chelsi for Moda fabrics…available in stores in February 2018.
- The front is quilted with a layer of batting and muslin behind the front.
- I quilted the front as shown in the original tutorial with straight lines ¼″ from either side of the mini charm seams.
- I used 2 ¼″ wide strips of binding (2 cut at width of fabric).
- Find the pillow back zipper tutorial here.
- Find the wonderful tutorial by Taunja of Carried Away Quilting here.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Cute little pillow it will look great on your booth! And yeah, for another mini:-)
Taunja Kelvington says
Thanks so much for sharing my tutorial! Have a great time at Market. No doubt Front Porch will be a big hit! 🙂
~Taunja, Carried Away Quilting
em's scrapbag says
Very sweet! Wishing you tons of success at market.
Helen L says
Beautiful pillow Sherri!! Wishing you the very best at Market!! Hugs, H
Very nice, I like it!
Rosemary B❤️ says
This is a great pillow. I love it, looks perky
Perfect pillow for my western scraps to coordinate with a pillow i'm making my daughter in law for Christmas. 2 pillows are better than 1– Have seen this on carried Away Quilting but after seeing your post-it jogged my memory that this will be a cute pattern to coordinate with what i'm making. Thanks Sherri for sharing!