Hello and happy Tuesday! It’s Merry Mini Christmas Sew Along Block 3 day! If you’ve been sewing along, you know the blocks have been super cute so far, and this one is a really fun one! It might be my favorite (but next week’s block is a really fun one as well).
Merry Mini Christmas Sew Along Block 3
Block 3 is a fun house block, and I absolutely love it! I used Harper’s Garden fabric for the outer walls and roof of my house, and a Bella Solid for the inside section. I wanted to make sure there was a nice contrast between the three blues in my block and love how it turned out.
Tips for Making the House Quilt Block
- Choose fabrics for your block that have plenty of contrast. I used a large floral, a small floral, and a solid in three different shades of blue. I also made sure to use different fabrics than I’ve used previously.
- The Mini Simple Folded Corners ruler makes is very simple to make the folded corner sections of the roof.
- I used this Bloc Loc Flying Geese ruler to make the flying geese units in the center of the house
Merry Mini Quilt Details
- Find the first block PDF download here (the poinsettia block).
- Download the second block PDF here (the snowflake block).
- Find this week’s house block PDF download here on Bev’s blog Flamingo Toes.
- And find next week’s block PDF download here on Pat Sloan’s blog.
- If you’re quilting along, be sure to use the hashtags #merryminiquilt #merryminimysteryquilt, #christmasinjuly, and #fqsquiltalong.
- All of the details on this sew along including fabric requirements can be found here.
Finally, this is a Layer Cake quilt…but it also works great for scraps. If you are just joining in and are looking for some Christmas Layer Cakes, you can find a couple of my favorites here.
I hope you have fun sewing the Merry Mini Christmas Sew Along block 3! Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by!