Hello, friends! Today I’m sharing all of the details about this year’s free BOM mystery quilt. The January 2021 Quilt Block of the Month PDF is available today. I’ve also filmed a step-by-step video tutorial to show you how to make this month’s scrappy Churn Dash. Get all of the details in today’s post.
January 2021 Quilt Block of the Month
This year’s Mystery Block of the Month has two different size options: 6″ and 12″. I pieced this month’s larger block with a scrappy mix of from our Happy Days collection shipping in March. And I pieced my small version of the block using the Fig Tree Christmas Figs II collection.
2021 Block of the Month Quilt Details
- First, this is a mystery block of the month. (No full-size pictures yet).
- The quilt is a sampler with 12 different unique pieced blocks. No applique’ or paper piecing required.
- Patterns release monthly on the first Thursday of the month here on the blog.
- Each month, a step-by-step video tutorial sharing how to make that month’s block will be featured. Watch the video here on the blog or on the YouTube channel here.
- The Fabric Requirements for the finishing of the quilt will be shared in a few months. For blocks, I suggest 12-15 fat quarters for the large blocks (fat eighths will work for the small blocks). You’ll also need 2-½ yards of background for the larger blocks and 1-½ yards of background for the smaller blocks.
- Go Here (or click the button below to download this month’s block pattern PDF).
January Block Video
Watch this month’s video above, or go here to watch it on the YouTube channel. In the video I walk you through construction of the block from start to finish. I also share tips and tricks that I used while piecing my version.
A Few More Things…
- First, be sure to download any of the 2020 patterns by the end of this week. I’ll be removing the patterns from my site and adding them to the shop soon. You can find the final post for the 2020 quilt here with links you’ll need to get to all of the posts and patterns.
- Next, I shipped the January kits on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday this week. (So they should be arriving soon if you pre-ordered and paid the January invoice). The remaining available monthly kits can be found here. Kits require a sign up fee and monthly billing. I should have more finishing kits available in March when the yardage ships.
- And if you’re looking for Project Boards like I used, you can find them here.
- Finally, get the ruler I used to trim the large half-square triangles here.
I hope you’ll enjoy sewing along this year. Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by!