Hello, friends. Today I’m happy to be sharing Fat Quarter Shop’s Haunted Halloween Quilt Along Week 1 blocks and all of the details for the quilt and stitch along. I’m pretty picky about my Halloween projects, but when I saw the sneak peek of this project I knew I had to join in. This is a super fun and fast project that you won’t want to miss out on. Keep reading for the pattern links, tips, and more.
Haunted Halloween Quilt Along Week 1
Halloween Quilt Along Details
Here are the details you need for this sew along:
- First, you can go here to download the free fabric requirements PDF.
- You will be able to find the free pattern download for today’s blocks–the Bat in the Sky and Star Blocks.
- Find today’s Fat Quarter Shop Quilt and Stitch Along post here.
- Find the fabrics Fat Quarter Shop is using for their quilt here.
- And come back next Tuesday for the details on the second pattern release.
Haunted Halloween Quilt Along Bat in the Moon and Stars
I’m using the Kitty Corn collection by Urban Chiks for my quilt. This is a collection from a couple of years ago from the designer of the Owl-O-Ween group Fat Quarter Shop used for their quilt. I have a fat quarter bundle, so I’ll have plenty left over to make a throw quilt and some accessories. I used the Bloc Loc Flying Geese Tool and the Mini Simple Folded Corners Ruler to quickly and accurately piece my blocks. The Creative Grids Ultimate Flying Geese Ruler is also helpful for this project. (Remember to cut your fabrics according to ruler directions if you’re using a specialty ruler for your flying geese units).
Haunted Halloween Stitch Along + More
There is also a super cute stitch along going on now as well. Find all of the details on that here and find today’s free cross-stitch pattern here. And then be sure to check back here next Tuesday to see the next block and all of the details!