Hello, friends! Today I’m sharing the February 2021 Quilt Block of the Month. This is the second block in my 2021 Mystery Block of the Month quilt, and I have lots of helps for this month’s block including a step-by-step video tutorial you can watch. I’ve also included some of the information from last month along with a link to the January block in case you are just joining in. So here we go, and I hope you enjoy this month’s block.
February 2021 Quilt Block of the Month
The February 2021 block is a set of four different pinwheels with an accent color. There are quite a few half-square triangles to make for this block, so I recommend triangle paper (links below). Additionally, the pieces are really small in the 6″ block, so I’ve got an easier way to make that block that I share in the video.
2021 Block of the Month Details
Here is some information from last month along with some information specific to this month’s block:
- First, this is a mystery block of the month. (No full-size pictures yet).
- The quilt is a sampler with 12 different unique pieced blocks. No applique’ or paper piecing required.
- Patterns release monthly on the first Thursday of the month here on the blog.
- Each month, a step-by-step video tutorial sharing how to make that month’s block will be featured. Watch the video here on the blog or on the YouTube channel here.
- The Fabric Requirements for the finishing of the quilt will be shared in a few months. For blocks, I suggest 12-15 fat quarters for the large blocks (fat eighths will work for the small blocks). You’ll also need 2-½ yards of background for the larger blocks and 1-½ yards of background for the smaller blocks.
- If you are making the 12″ finished blocks and want to use triangle paper, you can find it here. You can also find the Triangles on a Roll brand for this size here.
- If you are making the 6″ finished blocks and want to use triangle paper, you can find it here.
- Or get this Triangle Paper Variety Pack which has triangle papers for both of this month’s blocks.
- Go here to get the January Block pattern PDF if you’re just joining in.
- And Download this month’s Block pattern PDF here. (Or click the button below).
February Block Video
Watch the February Block Video above, or go here to watch it on my YouTube channel. In the video I share tips on using the half-square triangle paper method for the hst’s, show block construction, and give an easier option for the 6″ finished blocks.
A Few More Things…
- February kits have been billed and shipped on Monday this week. If you haven’t received a billing notice or your blocks, please email me 🙂
- I have a very limited number of Happy Days Scrap Bags here. I’ll have more available when the collection ships in March.
Finally, thanks so much to everyone who has been sharing blocks on social media. It has been so fun to see all of the beautiful blocks and unique fabric combinations. (I love seeing all of the Happy Days blocks, too)!
Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by!