Hello friends, and happy Friday! Today I’m sharing the Quilting Life Block of the Month October 2020 blocks. I really can’t believe we are already to October and that after this month there are just two more blocks! Next month I’ll actually share the November and December blocks together and then share the finishing instructions in December.
Quilting Life Block of the Month October 2020
This month’s block is an Ohio Star variation that I love. And I have simplified methods for making the square in a square units in the corners as well as an easy method for making the quarter-square triangle sections.
October Block Video
I filmed a short video for this month’s block that you can watch above, or go here to watch it on my YouTube channel.
October Block Tips
- Use the Mini Simple Folded Corners Ruler for the square in a square units in the four corners. You won’t need to alter any of the cutting instructions.
- The quarter square triangle units are designed just a bit big so you can trim them to the perfect size. You can also watch an additional video on my quarter-square triangle method here.
October Block Links
- Go here to download this month’s block pattern (or click the button below).
- You can find the September block pattern link in this post.
- And the January through August pattern links can be found in this post.
Thanks so much for quilting along! Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by!
Where can I buy that American patchwork And quilting colander your pumpkin quilt is featured. Thanks
I thought you were going to have a new sew along this month. Where can we find the post?
sherri McConnell says
Yes, the first block was shared on Wednesday September 30th with block 2 on Thursday, October8th!
I love these blocks… How can I order the Sew Sampler? Thank you!