Hello friends! And yes, I know it’s still November, but I wanted to make the final block pattern available for you this month as I promised. (I’ll be sharing the finishing information the first week of December in case anyone is hoping to finish up before the holidays). Read on for the Quilting Life Block of the Month December 2020 pattern. Oh, and I have a good news Balboa fabrics update at the end of today’s post, too!
Quilting Life Block of the Month December 2020
I absolutely love how the December blocks turned out. I used fabrics from our Happy Days collection for both blocks. And, I also did something just a little different with each block so you could see a couple of options. With the large block I used just four fabrics. But with my small blocks I made a scrappy 16-patch center and used about 8 different prints. There are so many options with this block.
December Block Video
Watch the short video about this month’s block above, or go here to watch it on my YouTube channel.
December Block of the Month Links
Here are the links you’ll need for the December Block of the Month:
- Click here or click the button below for the December block PDF.
- You can find the September block pattern link in this post.
- Get the October block pattern link in this post.
- Find the November block pattern link in this post.
- And the January through August pattern links can be found in this post.
The finishing instructions for this year’s quilt will be available the first week of December. But if you would like fabric requirements for that you can find them below:
- For the 6″ block quilt you’ll need ¼ yard sashing, ⅛ yard or scraps for cornerstones, ¼ yard inner border, ½ yard outer border, ⅜ yard binding, and 1 ¼ yards backing.
- The 12″ block quilt requires ¾ yard sashing, ¼ yard or fat quarter for cornerstones, ½ yard inner border, 1 yard outer border, ⅝ yard binding, and 3 ½ yards backing.
- And the 18″ block quilt requires 1 ⅛ yard sashing, ¼ yard or fat quarter for cornerstones, ¾ yard inner border, 1 ¼ yard outer border, ¾ yard binding, and 6 yards backing.
Balboa Fabrics Update
Finally, I just received the shipping notices for my orders of Balboa pre-cuts (they are finally on their way to me after a 2-month delay). So if you have pre-orders, those will be shipping out to you by the end of next week.
And because I had some cancellations due to the wait, there are a few more pre-cuts and Labor of Love Sampler kits available in the shop. Find pre-cuts here and the Labor of Love Sampler kits here (please note the Sampler kits do not come with the book and that you’ll need to choose from available border/binding options).
Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by!
Barbara Hilson says
Christine Rudy says
This December block is “stunning”, so unique and intricate! I call is a “stand alone” block and am thinking a perfect pattern for a pillow top. I love it!!!
Thank You for all your hard hard work, you are so very inspiring !!!
Have a great weekend and God Bless,
Chris (Rudy), <3
Love that it is scrappy and planned block. Very creative
Thank you and keep up the creative juices!!
Laurie Ladd says
I love the scrappy look. Thank you so much for all you do for the quilting community.