Hello and happy Thursday! Today I’m sharing the Quilting Life Block of the Month 2020 | March block. I’ve been trying really hard to get these posted during the first week of each month. Because we’ve been so busy moving I was worried I wouldn’t get this one ready in time…but here it is!
A Quilting Life Block of the Month 2020 | March
I’m really having a lot of fun with these blocks. I’m making both the 12″ and 6″ finished blocks in a scrappy mix of fabrics by Sherri & Chelsi and making the 18″ finished blocks in Minick & Simpson fabrics (with our move I’ve fallen a little behind on the 18″ blocks but will get them caught up soon).
March Blocks (Fabric Selections)
Because this month’s block has a large square in the center, I decided to go with low-volume prints for both of my centers in these blocks. I used just three fabrics in my 12″ block:
- Ivory Flora for the center
- Ice Garden Song for the Flying Geese Units, and
- Sprout Daisy for the half-square triangles
For my 6″ finished block I used the following:
- Ivory Garden Song for the Center
- Sprout Check for the Flying Geese, and
- Apricot Chamomile, Petal Garden Song, Sunshine Daisy Dot, and Geranium Sprinkle for the half-square triangles.
March Blocks Tips and Tricks
This month’s block goes together easily. to make accurate Flying Geese units, you can use the Block Loc rulers (just be sure to follow ruler directions for cutting rather than the pattern directions). For the half-square triangles, I recommend triangle paper or this method.
- Bloc Loc for the 12″ block
- Triangle paper for the 12″ block
- Triangle paper for the 6″ block
- And Triangle paper for the 18″ block
How to Get the March Block Patterns
I’ve been posting the monthly patterns during the first week of each month. I still haven’t set up the landing page for this year’s blocks, but you can find all of the blocks at the links below.
- Go here or click the button below to download the March pattern.
- Go here to get the February pattern.
- And find the January pattern here.
Some Scrappy Bundles…
If you are looking for some scrappy bundles of Sherri & Chelsi fabric, Christmas-themed bundles, and scrap bags–Chelsi has listed some in her shop today! Go here to shop.
Tomorrow I’ll be sharing the February Scraps Along Charm Pack Challenge entries along with announcing the March Scraps Along Challenge. See you then!