Hello, friends! Today I’m sharing some A Quilting Life: Behind the Scenes & FAQ’s (frequently asked questions). We have had a lot of new readers over the past several months, and so I thought it was time for a re-introduction here on the blog. Many readers have joined recently from Moda Block Heads and from the YouTube channel, and so here is a little peek into the behind the scenes here as well as answers to questions I get frequently.
Quilting Life: Behind the Scenes
I thought I’d begin by sharing a little bit of the history behind my blog and then finish with answers to some of my most frequently asked questions. I’ll also share links that might be helpful to new readers.
- In a nutshell…I’m a wife, mom, grandmother and quilter, and I’ve been blogging here since 2008.
- I started this blog in order to keep track of my quilts and projects. A lot of my early sewing and quilting projects were gifts for family and friends, and I wanted a record of my journey.
- I have a Bachelor of Arts in English, did graduate studies in English literature and language and taught Freshman Composition for over ten years at the University and Junior College level.
- One of my favorite blog posts is this one which explains why I’m passionate about quilting.
- I try to sew every day, but the reality is that I often spend most of at least 2-3 days a week at my computer editing photos, writing posts, and planning future posts.
- My daughter Chelsi and I design fabric together for Moda Fabrics with 11 collections released as of 2020.
- Find my patterns in paper and PDF format in my shop here.
- See my videos on my YouTube Channel, and find me on Instagram here. I also post regularly on my Pinterest boards.
- Join the Sherri & Chelsi Facebook Group here (we’ve been a little slow in approving memberships, but are hoping to get caught up soon).
- Finally…email is the best way to ask a question to get a timely response. I don’t have a personal assistant, so it might take a little time, but I do try to respond to all of my queries 🙂
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Do you take custom orders for quilts and bags? Unfortunately, no. But occasionally I do sell some of my samples and will always announce those sales here on the blog first.
Will you re-size a pattern for me? I’ve tried doing this in the past but have recently received so many requests that I just can’t keep up. I am going to try to offer more size variations in the future.
Do you accept unsolicited guest posts? No, sorry.
Will you come teach for my guild/shop/group? During these crazy times I’m not scheduling anything in person before the summer of 2021 (and I hope those events won’t have to be canceled). But please email me privately for questions.
What kind of sewing machine do you use? I have been sewing with a Janome Memory Craft 6600P for several years now.
If you’re still reading…there is more information about me on my About Page here.
Thank you so much for reading! I am truly grateful for your support, for your kindness, and for your thoughtful suggestions. (Please email me with any questions I might have missed…and I’ll do my best to update this post with the answers soon–or at least answer them on the podcast). I’m so looking forward to sharing many things with you in the months and years to come. Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by!
Jeanette Hudepohl says
I’m doing your Labor of Love QAL and really enjoy keeping current. Unfortunately , I didn’t find your block of the month til late in the year and didn’t want to go back. Will you start a new BOM in January? Perhaps you have pondered this question..why do quilters find QALs so much fun?
Just read your post about “Why you quilt”. Boy oh boy every word touched me… May God continue to bless yr heart as you guide & teach so many of us!
Barb zaccadelli says
I have had my janome 6600 for a lot of years. Love it. I also have a janome horizon with the 11” throat.. love it too. Nice sewing room you have. So nice and brite.
Marsha Gibbons says
I admire you and Chelsea so much. What a great business you have constructed around an artform that is so important!! I adore your fabrics and look forward to what you will come out with in 2021!! Your podcast is great. It is so peaceful and makes me happy.
I am making a T-shirt blanket fir my daughter for Christmas. This is my first one. Sewing the tshirts together was not a problem. I am putting on a blanket for the backing and I wanted to see in the seams if the tshirts so that it makes blocks on the back side but I am having a difficult time keeping it lined up. I did buy a quilting foot feed. I feel like I am making the front look bad bc some of the stitching is showing outside of the seam. Hope u am making sense. Any suggestions? Thank you
What brand is your sewing machine table? Is it specifically made for your brand of sewing machine?
sherri McConnell says
Yes, the table is a Janome and was made for my machine…also Janome.