Well...here they are...all 111 of my Fig Tree Farmer's Wife blocks! I can't wait to really finish the quilt now! Even in a big group, there are those blocks that I'm just in love with...my eyes are drawn to them every time. I'm going to make a list and design some future quilts based on my favorites.
I think the mix of colors turned out okay...I didn't keep track--just kind of kept the blocks of similar colorways in piles and tried to make sure the piles all looked about even.
I'm definitely going to use Moda Bella Snow for my sashing and setting triangles...I do love having a "resting" spot for the eyes in scrappy quilts. As far as the posts...I'm not sure yet, I'll probably use something from Tapestry as soon as it's available.
I'm posting this block again, Block 17, Cats and Mice because I had to rearrange some of the pieces. I like it a lot better now! Thanks so much to the blog reader who pointed out my mistake when I first posted this one.
This was my official "last" block, 110, Wood Lily. This is one of the blocks I wasn't going to make because I just thought it looked too overwhelming. I'm so glad I made it; it's one of my favorites, and the templates were easy to sew for this one. Speaking of templates, Camille has some great tips on using the templates on this post.
Block 82, Spider Legs...so similar to the one previous. This one had fewer pieces, though, so was even easier.
Block 78, Shooting Star is not a favorite--I'm not sure why, though. It's one of the three blocks I paper pieced, although after paper piecing I think it might have just been easier with the templates.
I saved this one for last because it gave me the most trouble. In fact, I still need to make it again. I made two miserable attempts using the templates only to get on-line and discover that the two largest templates are reversed in the book. So I didn't feel so bad. I then made this version but then noticed the outer points will get cut off when I sew it to the sashing. So I'm going to paper piece a final one using these same fabrics.
These are the last 4, the ones I put off for a whole year! And then 2 of them didn't even end up being that difficult!
I know this is going to be one of my favorite quilts ever! I hope to have this finished to use this winter!
And...some of you might remember that for quite a while I worked on two versions of the Farmer's Wife quilt. I made 49 blocks total with Christmas fabrics from the collection Joy by Kate Spain for Moda. I'm going to use this setting for these blocks which should give me a really nice-sized quilt!
PS...I shared some of these pictures earlier on Instagram (I know I'm super late jumping on that bandwagon...but I just love being able to "instantly blog!" Look for sherrimcconnell on Instagram if you're interested in seeing some of my projects as I'm working!