First of all, the photo. I can't do a post without a photo...and since I don't really have any digital photos to go along with today's topic, I thought I'd post some of my favorite fabric. It's Glace' by 3 Sisters for Moda. I have a Dessert Roll I won in the Moda FabricMatcher contest back in December. I love this fabric...I unroll it every so often and can't wait to start sewing with it when the line is available in June (I already know what I'm going to make). Anyway...I've never been officially tagged before, but I always thought it would be kind of fun. And when you get the chance to be tagged by Heather Mulder Peterson...and to receive a copy of her new book that will debut at spring market...you go for it! So here are seven randomly honest things about me that you probably don't want to know...
1. I've lived in four states, Texas, Nevada, Utah and California; I was born in Houston, Texas...no wonder I love Moda!!! I've visited the northwest, the midwest, and have traveled from Nevada to Florida in a car...but I've never been to the northeast!
2. When I was ten years old I saw Nadia Comaneci in the summer Olympics and decided to take up gymnastics! I practiced very hard, and in high school attended a gym with mostly 20 somethings. They were all really nice to me even though I was younger, and they helped me perfect my back handspring and other stunts I'd been struggling with. Although I at first thought they were college students...I later found out that they were all dancers on the Las Vegas strip!!!
3. I worked at Cloth World for two years while in high school (later bought out by Joann's)! I remember when rotary cutters first arrived in our store. I demonstrated the cutting ability of those first Olfa blades without ever imagining I would own one (or five) some day!
4. My favorite candy in the whole world is "Vanilla Nut Cream" by See's. My mom usually buys me a pound each year for my birthday and for Christmas. On several occasions I've eaten the whole pound in a 24-hour period!
5. I never sit still. I'm always busy and never bored; I rarely watch television. Sometimes this drives my terrific family crazy...especially my wonderful husband. When I do watch t.v. it's usually the Today Show, the Olympics, or American Idol. And, I've always made the time to sew; when my four children were young I did all my sewing late at night, really late at night!
6. At the age of 24 I'd already earned my Bachelor of Arts in English and had three of my four children. Back then I was sewing for wedding parties as well...those were busy days!
7. I really, really, really want to go to Quilt Market one day! Really. I can't imagine anything more amazing in the quilt world!
So, if you've stuck around to the end...here is what I have in mind. I can't do what Heather did and give a fabulous new book to several of you...but since I'm nearly done with my Pay it Forward gifts...I'd like to send on a small gift to the first two people who leave comments and also do a "tagged" post! If the first two people would e-mail me after they've posted...that would be great!