Next, I decided to try another teapot pattern that I found from Stephanie's list. I also used vellum to paper piece this teapot; it took a lot longer as it had many more pieces than the Pink Penguin teapot. This pattern finishes up at 8 3/4" by 8 3/4"--the perfect size for a potholder!
I really don't love to paper-piece, but I do have a couple of paper-piecing tools I can't live without...my Clover presser and my "add-an-eighth" ruler." I press with the Clover presser until my block is complete, and only then do I use my iron...this prevents unnecessary stretching of the fabrics. I use the "add-an-eighth" ruler to trim seams between steps.
I'm not sure what will become of these two little teapots...they might make their way into my tea swap package, but then again, they might not!