I cut lots and lots of strips--but the good news is that I have quite a bit of fabric left over (26 pieces 8" x 22" and 10-2 1/2" x 22" strips).
I started playing with different combinations, sewing the strips together in pairs. I sewed these two together...162 more to go! I also decided to play with some Valentine's fabric. Most of you will recognize what I'll be making with the fabrics in the top picture below.
The bottom picture shows the beginning of a Valentine's table topper using Mel's pattern. And if you haven't seen this free pattern yet, then you should go over to Anne's blog and take a look (it's definitely a project to add to your list). Speaking of lists...I've been pondering my quilting goals for the year and have loved reading about all the different goals you've set. I decided to try to keep it simple and have just five goals: first, I'll start and finish one easy, fun quilt per month (Merry-Go-Round for January); second, I'll finish one work-in-progress each month. My third goal is to work on whatever I want to, and my final goals are to work on applique' and machine quilting.
Well, happy sewing...I've got lots of strips to sew!