Happy Saturday! Welcome to my first post in a new weekend series I’ve been thinking about doing for a little while now, the Saturday Seven. Saturday Seven posts will contain fun things…some quilt-related and some not…that I’ve recently found and loved.
hope you’ll enjoy the findings in each post–these posts will appear at
once a month and perhaps sometimes several Saturdays a month!
1. First up is the recently-in-stores Flower Mill collection by Corey Yoder for Moda fabrics. This delightful collection is available in fat quarter bundles and the other standard pre-cuts as well as yardage. I love the soft tone on tone cross stitch print which adds a special touch as a background fabric. And the gingham stripes are perfect for bindings and come in several colors.
2. I’m currently reading Chasing Slow: Courage to Journey Off the Beaten Path by Erin Loechner and finding it a really good read. There are a lot of great points about creating the life you want to live told through the narrative of the author’s own life experiences in making choices that led her and her family off of the beaten path.
3. And I just finished A Simplified Life: Tactical Tools for Intentional Living by Emily Ley. I really loved this book…there were so many practical ideas on simplifying every aspect of your life. I feel like it applies to women of all ages–after reading it I immediately ordered two extra copies for gifts! There are recipes and journal areas and beautiful photography along with real-life suggestions and ideas. I also recently purchased Emily’s Simplified Planner for 2018 and will let you know how I like it as I start using it next year.
4. I just picked up Modern Quilt Magic: 5 Parlor Tricks to Expand Your Piecing Skills – 17 Captivating Projects by Victoria Findlay Wolfe. Victoria is a fabulous quilter and such an incredibly creative woman…I really enjoyed getting to know her a little more at a creative conference we attended together a couple of years ago. Anyway, I’m excited to try out her techniques for herringbone quilts along with her ideas for Lemoyne Star blocks. The book features five different quilt techniques with a variety of projects and is perfect for using with scraps.
5. My favorite way to use left over turkey is to make this Chicken and Wild Rice Soup with cut up turkey pieces (I freeze left over turkey in 2-cup packages to use later just for this recipe)!
6. It’s crunch time for all things Christmas and New Year’s. You’ll love these free printables for getting organized. Five different downloads include a gift giving guide, a holiday prep list, a holiday meal plan, a weekly meal plan, and a holiday bucket list. Get them here.
7. I love this mini Christmas tree gift idea (the post includes a link to a free printable to go along with the mini tree). So much fun…see it here.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Let me know if you have any requests for topics for the Saturday Seven posts…thanks so much and have a great rest of the weekend!
I really enjoyed reading this Sat Seven post with my coffee this morning! Thank you!
Mary Lindberg says
Saturday mornings are my time to sew. What a great way to start my weekend. I like to listen to audio books while I'm piecing and appreciate the book reviews, too. Merry Christmas, Sherri.
Kathy E. says
What a great idea for a post! I know I'll be watching for the Saturday Seven to enjoy when it comes out. The links you share and recommend are awesome! Thanks!
Great post! Love the Flower Mill fabrics and I'll check all the other links:-) Have a wonderful weekend!
Chez Vies says
Great idea for Saturday Seven. I haven't done much quilting but might check the book.
Really enjoyed this post…??
I love your Saturday Seven… I felt like I was sitting talking with a friend about a variety of topics. Have a wonderful week!
Great idea Sherri and really enjoyed reading these….some very useful ideas.
Enjoyed the variety of your first Saturday post. Thanks for sharing.
This has been such a great read… I love the Flower Mill range, & having just sold off an enormous amount of excess fabric & stash, I treated myself to a fat quarter bundle of it, to make a quilt.
I look forward to more of these great posts!
Rosemary B❤️ says
Sherri, thank you for sharing these gems. The fabric is really cute. I love the books, I will investigate them. I need those print outs
Thank you for such an inspiring blog today