Hello and happy Saturday! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend! We’re celebrating a couple of family birthdays this weekend, so all of my kids will be together with my husband and I for the first time since Christmas–yay! If you’re new here, welcome to the Saturday Seven where I post all kinds of fun things for quilters!
(Photos today might just be a little overload of my new storage baskets I’ve
1. First on my list are these wonderful white wire wooden baskets I picked up the other day on a little shopping trip for my sewing room. I absolutely love them! I’ve been trying to sort nearly all of my fabrics by color, and these perfectly fit two rows of folded fat quarters (or even larger) cuts of fabric. I had a lot of these fabrics on shelves and just wasn’t using them–but now with the handles I can just pull a basket off of the shelf, pull the fabrics I want, and put it back without having to re-organize an entire area. Find this basket here.
2. And if you’re looking for a fun project to use up a lot of scraps…my friend Alison has another amazing tutorial on her blog for an easy stack, cut and sew technique. She’s also included measurements for a variety of different block styles and quilt sizes. Find her tutorial here.
3. If you are still looking for spring cleaning ideas…here are some good ones I just found the other day! This weekend will be pretty busy, but I plan on trying to check off as many things as I can from this list over the next week. Find simple spring cleaning ideas here.
4. And with Mother’s Day just around the corner, these ideas for planning a Mother’s Day brunch are perfect. Even if you’re not hosting a party, this round-up of egg dishes, sweet main breakfast dishes, side dishes, and drinks will give you lots of ideas for spring and summer breakfasts! Find the post and links to all of the yummy recipes here.
5. I love the design of this free summer calendar printable. I used this last year to organize special projects. This year I printed two…one for household special projects and one for sewing related summer projects! Get the download here.
6. Craftsy is once again running a 7-day free trial for their new Craftsy Unlimited subscription. You can try for free to see if this would be worth it for you…even if you decide not to sign up, you’ll have seven days of being able to view any classes you wish!
7. These new enamel pins (a collaboration between Maker Valley and Lella Boutique) are so, so cute! You can find these new pins here (scroll to the bottom of the page…and try not to get distracted by the other cute designs available)!
Have a wonderful, wonderful weekend…and thanks so much for stopping by!