Hello, and welcome to my stop on the Tablerunner Bliss blog tour sponsored by Fat Quarter Shop and featuring quilted table runner designs from the book Tablerunner Bliss by Sherri Falls!
Sherri’s book has twenty different patterns, and I chose to make the delightful “Harmony” Tablerunner. Ann’s Arbor by Minick & Simpson had just become available when I started looking for fabrics, so I was quick to request this collection for my runner!
I absolutely love, love, love, how my runner turned out. The mix of fabrics in this collection was a lot of fun to work with. I love the navy print as the unifying theme through the centers of the blocks. Additionally, I love the dark middle border and the floral for the outer border.
This is a fairly long runner with five different blocks. It will be perfect for my dining table. You could easily make just three of the blocks for a shorter quilted table runner. Or, you could make one block for a fun accent pillow.
I’m super happy with the red stripe binding, too. I thought about cutting it on the bias but decided straight would look better with all of the angles in the quilt.
And of course I had to use that pretty floral for the backing! The pattern was well written, and of course the book has several other table runners that I can’t wait to make! My friend Kaitlyn of Knot & Thread quilting (link on my sidebar) did the beautiful feather quilting on this one!
Quick Tip: I store my quilted table runners and mini quilts rolled up when not in use to keep them from accumulating wrinkles!
Finally…you can purchase the Tablerunner Bliss book here…and you can see more of the quilted table runners from the Tablerunner Bliss blog tour on the Fat Quarter Shop Jolly Jabber blog today and see the following blogs for more samples made from this pattern book!
- 9/5 – Anorina (Samelia’s Mum) and Pam (Pam Kitty Morning)
- 9/12 – Sinta (Pink Pincushion)
- 9/19 – Lorna (Sew Fresh Quilts) and Connie (Freemotion by the River)
- 9/26 – Amanda (Jedi Craft Girl) and Jennie (Clover & Violet)
- 10/3 – Melanie (A Bit of Scrap Stuff) and Sherri (A Quilting Life)
- 10/10 – Sinta (Pink Pincushion) and Lisa (In the Boon Docks)
- 10/17 – Vickie (Spun Sugar Quilts) and Susan (yardgrl60 on Instagram)
- 10/24 – Taunja (Carried Away Quilting) and Lorna (Sew Fresh Quilts)
- 10/31 – Greg (Grey Dogwood Studio) and Melanie (A Bit of Scrap Stuff)
- 11/7 – Melisssa (Happy Quilting) and Kim (Persimon Dreams)
Thanks so much for stopping by!