Hello, friends, and happy July! Today is actually a really special day here on the blog–it’s the anniversary of when I shared my very first post 13 years ago. I had planned to publish something special yesterday to celebrate and commemorate, but we lost our power during a flash flood for about six hours on Tuesday evening, and I didn’t get it written. Watch for that post on Friday, though! For today, I’m sharing the Quilt Block of the Month: July 2021 blocks.
Quilt Block of the Month: July 2021
2021 Quilt Block of the Month Details
- First, this is a mystery block of the month. (No full-quilt pictures yet).
- The quilt is a sampler with 12 different unique pieced blocks. No applique’ or paper piecing required.
- Patterns release monthly on the first Thursday of the month here on the blog.
- Each month, a step-by-step video tutorial sharing how to make that month’s block will be featured. Watch the video here on the blog or on the YouTube channel here.
- Get the Fabric Requirements for the finishing of the quilt in the August block post. For blocks, I suggest 12-15 fat quarters for the large blocks (fat eighths will work for the small blocks). You’ll also need 2-½ yards of background for the larger blocks and 1-½ yards of background for the smaller blocks.
- Find links to all of the previous posts in this year’s BOM here.
- And a limited number of finishing kits are available for this quilt here (you get to choose your outer border fabric and can request binding/sashing colors).
- I also have some Happy Days pre-cuts in the shop (they finally arrived).
July 2021 Block Tips + Link
- Go here to find this month’s free PDF block pattern. (Or click the button below).
- Use your preferred method for the half square triangles. I made them without triangle paper since there were so few to make.
- Now is a great time to review which fabrics or colors you might want to use more of in the remaining blocks. I keep notes if I notice a fabric I definitely want to use more of.
July 2021 Block Video
Watch this month’s block video above, or go here to watch it on our YouTube Channel. I have a few additional thoughts about this month’s blocks that I share in the video.
Thanks so much for stopping by for today’s Quilt Block of the Month: July 2021. Happy quilting!