Hello, friends, and happy Wednesday. Today I’m sharing Moda Blockheads 4 Block 3 by Laurie Simpson of Minick & Simpson. It’s a gorgeous block, and I absolutely loved making it. I’ve also got details for using the Bloc Loc ruler for this block if you prefer that method for your flying geese.
Moda Blockheads 4 Block 3
This week I was inspired by my daughter’s first Blockheads 4 block for the colors and most of the prints used in my 9″ finished block. I absolutely love it. For my 4.5″ finished block, I decided to do what I mentioned last week–make all of the smaller blocks in red, blue, grey, and white for a fun patriotic project. I love how this one turned out, too. (All of the fabrics are from our upcoming Emma collection).
Moda Blockheads 4 Block 3 Tips and Tricks
I did a few things differently this week to simplify my block construction:
- I added ⅛″ to each square used for hst’s to make it so I could trim them down to size perfectly. If you are making the smaller blocks, triangle paper is also an excellent option to make sure those units are sized just right.
- I used the Bloc Loc Flying Geese Square Up Rulers for the flying geese units on both blocks (specific sizes listed below).
- Use this Bloc Loc Flying Geese Square Up Ruler for the 9″ finished block.
- Use this Bloc Loc Flying Geese Square Up Ruler for the 4.5″ finished block.
- Get this week’s pattern from Laurie Simpson here or click the button below.
Moda Blockheads 4 Quilt Along Details
- Read the Moda Blockheads 4 Introductory post here.
- Get the Moda Blockheads 4 Basic Methods Resources Sheet PDF here.
- Join the Moda Blockheads Facebook group. In the group you can share your blocks and get inspired by the other Blockheads participants.
- And find all of my previous Moda Blockheads 4 posts here.
One More Thing…
This week’s “one more thing” is a terrific giveaway from a company that makes beautiful tools for quilters. There is still time to enter the giveaway to win a beautiful Quilter’s Clapper from Modern American Vintage, maker of heirloom quality quilting tools and more. You’ll need to go to Instagram to enter and can find all of the details here.
Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by for the Moda Blockheads 4 Block 3 post!
Linda Ties says
The block #3 is not coming up. It goes to block #2. This is the first time I’ve had any problems with obtaining the pattern for the block. Help.
Can’t get block 3
R Newton says
Really enjoyed the video on using panels and all the different items that they can be used in. I’ve always liked some panels but wasn’t sure how to use them. This really helped. Thanks again. R. Newton
Thank you, thank you, thank you for being so on top of the Moda Head 4 blocks. I don’t even go to the Moda site for a couple days. It seems to me that it takes long for them to get everything straightened out I don’t get notifications from them, although I have signed up several times I always get your notifications! I open it and I’m off and sewing 🧵 Thank you again. 😃
I can’t seem to download blockhead 4 number 3, not sure what I’m doing wrong.. takes you to the page I’d the block but no we’re to download the pattern